Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where in the US would you like to visit?

Where in the US would you like to visit?

Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where in the US would you like to visit?

Following on from Kingfisher's thread, is there anywhere in the US you would like to visit?

We are trying to arrange a holiday. Now that its just the two of us, we would like to go on a road trip. Hubby would like to do 'Route 66'. I would like to see Mt Rushmore. We haven't ruled out flying somewhere then renting a car or maybe driving down to the Carolinas or north to Quebec.

Any recommendations?
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:43 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where in the US would you like to visit?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Following on from Kingfisher's thread, is there anywhere in the US you would like to visit?

We are trying to arrange a holiday. Now that its just the two of us, we would like to go on a road trip. Hubby would like to do 'Route 66'. I would like to see Mt Rushmore. We haven't ruled out flying somewhere then renting a car or maybe driving down to the Carolinas or north to Quebec.

Any recommendations?
My in-laws live 40 miles from Mt Rushmore in South Dakota. It's lovely. It's quite a pretty state for the scenery, black hills, etc. Within driving distance there is Devil's Tower in wyoming and also yellowstone, although that is a long drive (8 hours i think). Flights from NJ to SD are not cheap but driving it is about 1800 miles.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

San Fran would be nice, catch a mate out there too...and while up there, short hop up to Vancouver and Victoria, rather fancy visiting there as well...
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 10:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shahlax
My in-laws live 40 miles from Mt Rushmore in South Dakota. It's lovely. It's quite a pretty state for the scenery, black hills, etc. Within driving distance there is Devil's Tower in wyoming and also yellowstone, although that is a long drive (8 hours i think). Flights from NJ to SD are not cheap but driving it is about 1800 miles.
Sounds lovely. If we go to S Dakota my husband wants to drive there...trouble is he only wants to take a week away from the office.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 10:24 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to Mt Rushman

Any recommendations?
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 10:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by gruffbrown

You bugger Gruff....I had to go back and check!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 10:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Bob
San Fran would be nice, catch a mate out there too...and while up there, short hop up to Vancouver and Victoria, rather fancy visiting there as well...
Yes San Fran is a great city to visit, I quite like the idea of flying to Vegas and driving to SF via Yosemite. I would love to go to Vancover....but knowing my luck in would be raining....it was when my husband was there.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 10:36 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

You bugger Gruff....I had to go back and check!
Couldn't resist, sorry.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 10:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Couldn't resist, sorry.
Go and feed the cat.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 10:38 pm

Hawaii might be nice, see the Arizona Memorial, go surfing ( I don't surf), pop in on Dog the Bounty Hunter.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 10:39 pm

Go and feed the cat.
That's not until first week in July.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 11:54 pm
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

Jacksonville international airport!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by jibsymalone
Jacksonville international airport!
Leaving or Arriving?
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:02 am
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

Leaving or Arriving?
leaving!
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Hawaii might be nice, see the Arizona Memorial, go surfing ( I don't surf), pop in on Dog the Bounty Hunter.
Been to Hawaii several times. Arizona Memorial is amazing, oil from the ship still floating to the surface after all these years. Hawaii is my favourite place in the world. Aloa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.