British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Where in the US would you like to visit? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/where-us-would-you-like-visit-381137/)

Jerseygirl Jun 23rd 2006 9:22 pm

Where in the US would you like to visit?

Following on from Kingfisher's thread, is there anywhere in the US you would like to visit?

We are trying to arrange a holiday. Now that its just the two of us, we would like to go on a road trip. Hubby would like to do 'Route 66'. I would like to see Mt Rushmore. We haven't ruled out flying somewhere then renting a car or maybe driving down to the Carolinas or north to Quebec.

Any recommendations?

Shahlax Jun 23rd 2006 9:43 pm

Re: Where in the US would you like to visit?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Following on from Kingfisher's thread, is there anywhere in the US you would like to visit?

We are trying to arrange a holiday. Now that its just the two of us, we would like to go on a road trip. Hubby would like to do 'Route 66'. I would like to see Mt Rushmore. We haven't ruled out flying somewhere then renting a car or maybe driving down to the Carolinas or north to Quebec.

Any recommendations?

My in-laws live 40 miles from Mt Rushmore in South Dakota. It's lovely. It's quite a pretty state for the scenery, black hills, etc. Within driving distance there is Devil's Tower in wyoming and also yellowstone, although that is a long drive (8 hours i think). Flights from NJ to SD are not cheap but driving it is about 1800 miles.

Bob Jun 23rd 2006 9:52 pm

San Fran would be nice, catch a mate out there too...and while up there, short hop up to Vancouver and Victoria, rather fancy visiting there as well...

Jerseygirl Jun 23rd 2006 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Shahlax
My in-laws live 40 miles from Mt Rushmore in South Dakota. It's lovely. It's quite a pretty state for the scenery, black hills, etc. Within driving distance there is Devil's Tower in wyoming and also yellowstone, although that is a long drive (8 hours i think). Flights from NJ to SD are not cheap but driving it is about 1800 miles.

Sounds lovely. If we go to S Dakota my husband wants to drive there...trouble is he only wants to take a week away from the office. :eek:

gruffbrown Jun 23rd 2006 10:24 pm

I would like to Mt Rushman

Any recommendations?

:eek:

Jerseygirl Jun 23rd 2006 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
:eek:

You bugger Gruff....I had to go back and check! :eek:

Jerseygirl Jun 23rd 2006 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
San Fran would be nice, catch a mate out there too...and while up there, short hop up to Vancouver and Victoria, rather fancy visiting there as well...

Yes San Fran is a great city to visit, I quite like the idea of flying to Vegas and driving to SF via Yosemite. I would love to go to Vancover....but knowing my luck in would be raining....it was when my husband was there.

gruffbrown Jun 23rd 2006 10:36 pm

You bugger Gruff....I had to go back and check! :eek:

Couldn't resist, sorry. :D

Jerseygirl Jun 23rd 2006 10:37 pm

Couldn't resist, sorry. :D

Go and feed the cat. :D

gruffbrown Jun 23rd 2006 10:38 pm

Hawaii might be nice, see the Arizona Memorial, go surfing ( I don't surf), pop in on Dog the Bounty Hunter.

gruffbrown Jun 23rd 2006 10:39 pm

Go and feed the cat. :D

That's not until first week in July.

jibsymalone Jun 23rd 2006 11:54 pm

Jacksonville international airport!

gruffbrown Jun 23rd 2006 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by jibsymalone
Jacksonville international airport!

Leaving or Arriving?

jibsymalone Jun 24th 2006 12:02 am

Leaving or Arriving?

leaving!

Jerseygirl Jun 24th 2006 12:09 am

Hawaii might be nice, see the Arizona Memorial, go surfing ( I don't surf), pop in on Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Been to Hawaii several times. Arizona Memorial is amazing, oil from the ship still floating to the surface after all these years. Hawaii is my favourite place in the world. Aloa. :)