Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

Old Nov 24th 2016, 1:51 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanksgiving

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm better and the turkey is in the oven roasting and the house is smelling good.

Hubby will not be doing Thanksgiving with us, unfortunately. He was bite by a tick a few weeks back and didn't go to the doctor right away. He has just completed one course of strong antibiotics but is still in terrible pain with his muscles and now has my cold on top of it. Spent the night with the trash can, as I did three days ago, and not up to going and spreading the germs to the grandkiddies.
Sorry to hear this. Take care and sending you both my best wishes.
Old Nov 25th 2016, 4:42 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Well I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. Rete and the family are getting better, and that PF isn't in the county jail and she had plenty of wine. Mrs L cooked the best turkey dinner I have ever had, and surprised me with roast potatoes.
Old Nov 25th 2016, 4:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Well I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. Rete and the family are getting better, and that PF isn't in the county jail and she had plenty of wine. Mrs L cooked the best turkey dinner I have ever had, and surprised me with roast potatoes.
Nice. And you forgot about the great bread pudding she also made you. Hubby is feeling a little better but walking about the house like Walter Brennan or Chester in Gunsmoke.
Old Nov 25th 2016, 7:07 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Not in jail!

it went surprisingly well. Friends proved to be excellent friends, bringing wine, food and good humour! My 4th Thanksgiving and definitely the best one.

Bread pudding mmmmmmmmmmm! lucky you!
Old Nov 25th 2016, 9:20 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I've just discovered half the bread pudding is still left.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 12:04 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Passing dish for a serving.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 12:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanksgiving Day started off great. Spent the day with our daughters in-laws, plenty of food and fun.

Driving home I started feeling queasy and by the time we made it home I spent the rest of the night throwing up. About an hour after I started M started as well. We spent the most miserable night and have had a miserable day. I guess it is a virus. It kicks butt big time.

Gatorade and ice pops have been the menu for today. I just hope everyone else we were around doesn't come down with it

Glad everyone had fun
Old Nov 26th 2016, 12:17 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Thanksgiving Day started off great. Spent the day with our daughters in-laws, plenty of food and fun.

Driving home I started feeling queasy and by the time we made it home I spent the rest of the night throwing up. About an hour after I started M started as well. We spent the most miserable night and have had a miserable day. I guess it is a virus. It kicks butt big time.

Gatorade and ice pops have been the menu for today. I just hope everyone else we were around doesn't come down with it

Glad everyone had fun
J had it the night before Thanksgiving with hugging the bucket and I was that way four days earlier. You'll be good by tomorrow.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 1:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
J had it the night before Thanksgiving with hugging the bucket and I was that way four days earlier. You'll be good by tomorrow.
I hope so
Old Nov 26th 2016, 10:07 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 27th 2016, 12:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Is that her photo on your avatar? She is adorable

Thank you. She is our little Elf. Love her to bits.

Thanksgiving-img-20161126-wa0001.jpg
Old Nov 27th 2016, 1:30 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

..... I spent the rest of the night throwing up. About an hour after I started M started as well. We spent the most miserable night and have had a miserable day. I guess it is a virus. It kicks butt big time. .....
Sorry to hear that. Little Miss apparently had the same thing, certainly the same symptoms.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 3:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Sorry to hear that. Little Miss apparently had the same thing, certainly the same symptoms.
Hope she is feeling better now. It is a nasty virus. I hope you and Mrs P don't get it
Old Nov 27th 2016, 4:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. She is our little Elf. Love her to bits.

Attachment 126290
Your 'little Elf' is beautiful.

As Grandparents we are truly blessed aren't we?

The highlight of my Thanksgiving day was my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter. We had dinner at a favourite restaurant...being in Canada it bore no resemblance to a US TG dinner. Anyway...we were on our way home...in the elevator of our condo building...'Hi' she says to everyone who enters. Then she points at me and says 'That's my grandma'. My heart melted.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 11:51 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Hope she is feeling better now. It is a nasty virus. I hope you and Mrs P don't get it. ....
She is getting better, but not there yet; hopefully she'll feel better today than yesterday. Thankfully Mrs P and I didn't get it, which is surprising for Mrs P, but much less so for me as I rarely succumb to bugs like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.