Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Taking dogs on holiday back in the UK

Taking dogs on holiday back in the UK

Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:51 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Taking dogs on holiday back in the UK

Someone here must have done this! We dont have a dog yet but will eventually, and since I've never travelled with one I thought I'd ask how hard it is. I think I understand the air travel bit, but how is it back home? Can you use public transport? Are hotels more pet-friendly these days?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

ellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really nice
Default Re: Taking dogs on holiday back in the UK

My folks travel frequently with their three dogs in the UK. You can get tourist books dedicated to places that are dog "friendly" but never assume a hotel is unless it specifically says it is. Public transport - yes, but people may get annoyed if your dog is on a seat. And remember to take plastic bags with you, fouling the streets is a bigger no no these days .

Shops generally are not dog friendly unless it is a guide dog. So no popping into the corner shop or Sainsburys with a dog.

Beaches - you have to be more careful these days, a lot do not allow dogs on.

BTW, love the name. Used to watch Chorlton & the Wheelies as a kid

Last edited by ellimere; Jun 10th 2009 at 4:12 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:17 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
When I find the time I'm going to get one of these:

I'll have to have a look for a dog-friendly UK guide!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

ellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really nice

Aww...

Check Amazon.co.uk and search for "Pet friendly", lots of websites too.

Just over 7 weeks until I'm back in the UK and see the dogs... can't wait, just wish it was tomorrow