Norwich

Old Apr 12th 2012, 9:39 am

daisycutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Norwich

Hi ... just sort of looking at Norwich as a possibility to return to ... seems nice compact city,has train link,cheap housing,rowing for my son,schools seem ok .. so just wondering if anyone can offer any info or advice on the place ... cheers.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 12:52 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Norwich

Originally Posted by daisycutter
Hi ... just sort of looking at Norwich as a possibility to return to ... seems nice compact city,has train link,cheap housing,rowing for my son,schools seem ok .. so just wondering if anyone can offer any info or advice on the place ... cheers.
Its the last place I lived in the UK, I have a soft spot for it. Not the most hip or exciting place, and a bit remote, but the people are friendly and the quality of life there was good. Only down side is its a bit short on hills and mountains
Old Apr 12th 2012, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Love Norwich and the Norfolk area. Great countryside (pretty flat though), pretty villages and coastline. Its a bit like England used to be. Not to far to drive to places like the Derbyshire dales.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 1:19 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I am from Norwich well born in Salhouse on the Norfolk Broads and family now live in Thorpe St Andrews......it's a nice place, very clean and plenty to do every time I go back its changed so much, I don't like the UK as a whole but Norwich area would be a safe bet if moving back to the UK.

Depends what you are looking for there are great schools and recreational activities for family's, Gt Yarmouth and the coast is less then 30 miles away,wonderful country bars and restaurants, still very unspoilt and old fashioned for the most part, I would look at the little villages outside Norwich...Brundall, Blofield, Salhouse,Wymondham.....its farming as you know and a hub for the north sea off shore workers.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I am from Norwich well born in Salhouse on the Norfolk Broads and family now live in Thorpe St Andrews......it's a nice place, very clean and plenty to do every time I go back its changed so much, I don't like the UK as a whole but Norwich area would be a safe bet if moving back to the UK.

Depends what you are looking for there are great schools and recreational activities for family's, Gt Yarmouth and the coast is less then 30 miles away,wonderful country bars and restaurants, still very unspoilt and old fashioned for the most part, I would look at the little villages outside Norwich...Brundall, Blofield, Salhouse,Wymondham.....its farming as you know and a hub for the north sea off shore workers.

Wow, my family (well sister/husband and children) live in Thorpe St. Andrews, just off Thunder Lane.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:54 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Wow, my family (well sister/husband and children) live in Thorpe St. Andrews, just off Thunder Lane.
No way you are kidding me Mum is just before Thorpe End.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
No way you are kidding me Mum is just before Thorpe End.
Sister is in Boulderside Close. Small world as I see that you are in California too.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Sister is in Boulderside Close. Small world as I see that you are in California too.
One of my best friends lived there, opposite the old cop shop,just before you go down the hill lol.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Lived there for 10 years before moving out to canada. Lived on brunswick rd in the golden triangle. Was just across from the old hospital. Still have friends and family there, heading back that way in a few years. I love the place lots of shops 2 malls. Easy access to london and a great train service. A lot depends if you want city life or rural life. Also lived in new costessey. If i can want any more information just let me know.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 10:46 am

daisycutter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kwazywabbit
Lived there for 10 years before moving out to canada. Lived on brunswick rd in the golden triangle. Was just across from the old hospital. Still have friends and family there, heading back that way in a few years. I love the place lots of shops 2 malls. Easy access to london and a great train service. A lot depends if you want city life or rural life. Also lived in new costessey. If i can want any more information just let me know.
Many thanks for all replies ... amazing all seem v positive ,definitely a place we would consider ... now need to look at some schools ....
Old Apr 13th 2012, 1:34 pm

Many thanks for all replies ... amazing all seem v positive ,definitely a place we would consider ... now need to look at some schools ....
How old are the children!
Old Apr 13th 2012, 1:47 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Norwich was rated the greenest city in 2006 (also maybe some later years too, not sure..)

I think it is good for access to outdoor recreation, boating, obviously, but also walking and cycling. Norfolk is really good for cycling on country lanes, unlike much of the rest of England. Seaside is good too (Cromer for instance.)
Old Apr 13th 2012, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by robin1234
Norwich was rated the greenest city in 2006 (also maybe some later years too, not sure..)

I think it is good for access to outdoor recreation, boating, obviously, but also walking and cycling. Norfolk is really good for cycling on country lanes, unlike much of the rest of England. Seaside is good too (Cromer for instance.)
I could just eat a nice Cromer crab
Old Apr 13th 2012, 2:41 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Much as I like Norwich and Norfolk, I would draw the line at eating british shellfish... I know what they eat
Old Apr 13th 2012, 2:49 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Much as I like Norwich and Norfolk, I would draw the line at eating british shellfish... I know what they eat
What - you don't believe in recycling?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.