Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

North Carolina

North Carolina

Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:32 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North Carolina

Originally Posted by scouserwife
I realize that this the incorrect forum to post this in, but you are really the only people on here that I have spoken too so far. I'm very pleased to announce that my husband received his green card this week. We applied for Adjustment of Status in September. In his words I am "Chuffed to Bits"!!!
Congratulations!!!!!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 1:42 am
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

I realize that this the incorrect forum to post this in, but you are really the only people on here that I have spoken too so far. I'm very pleased to announce that my husband received his green card this week. We applied for Adjustment of Status in September. In his words I am "Chuffed to Bits"!!!

Cool
Old Jan 20th 2011, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

sparkylad is an unknown quantity at this point

Been thinking of moving to NC. All my wife's family are in Missouri but we fancy being closer to the coast line. Can any advise as good area ( not in the sticks) low crime and offcourse quality education for kids ? ta very much
Old Jan 20th 2011, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

scouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nice

Originally Posted by sparkylad
Been thinking of moving to NC. All my wife's family are in Missouri but we fancy being closer to the coast line. Can any advise as good area ( not in the sticks) low crime and offcourse quality education for kids ? ta very much
Check out the Raleigh and Cary areas. They are close to the coast with good employment opportunities. If you need help finding a Realtor anywhere in the state let me know!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

MrsHawkini is on a distinguished road

Check out the Raleigh and Cary areas. They are close to the coast with good employment opportunities. If you need help finding a Realtor anywhere in the state let me know!

I am looking for somewhere to live in Raleigh (undecided on area at the moment) Do you know of a Realtor who offers short term rentals? At this rate I am going to have to move in to the company's 1 bed apartment with 2 preteen girls and a toddler!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

scouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrsHawkini
I am looking for somewhere to live in Raleigh (undecided on area at the moment) Do you know of a Realtor who offers short term rentals? At this rate I am going to have to move in to the company's 1 bed apartment with 2 preteen girls and a toddler!
Try this site:

http://www.raleighrent.com/
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Location: from Yorkshire, via Hampshire and Surrey to NC Triangle
mommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to all

My wife cooked a Bannoffee Pie and we had to go on a mission to find the Digestive Biscuits!! We found some though :-)
Just in case you need them again, you could use Graham crackers, or if my addled brain can remember I saw some American knock offs a while ago, I'll let you know if/when I find them again.
If you go to the Indian grocery stores they'll often have reasonably priced Brit food around here, also Whole Foods, Kroger and of course A Southern Season carries some too.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Location: from Yorkshire, via Hampshire and Surrey to NC Triangle
mommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to all

Congratulations to Scouse husband reet chuffed for 'im.
We're just starting the process here, husband's employer will be sponsoring us, gosh it can't go quick enough for me.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mommapudding
Congratulations to Scouse husband reet chuffed for 'im.
We're just starting the process here, husband's employer will be sponsoring us, gosh it can't go quick enough for me.
It seemed overwhelming at times but it was all worth it. Best of luck to you!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Vinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrsHawkini
I'm not sure on short term lease but you could try this http://www.nchomerentals.com/

We have recently moved over from England and just leased our first place in Raleigh through them. (Block & Ass)
Old Jan 20th 2011, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Vinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really nice

I've just moved to Raleigh (3 weeks ago) Its about 120 mile from the coast. We headed for a day out to Wilmington near the coast which is a nice area but not sure of the employement and work thats down that way though..
Old Jan 31st 2011, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

mancmummy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello scouserwife and all. We've not yet made the leap yet but it's on the cards for midyear. We'll be living in Greensboro, can anyone tell me what it's really like out there?
Old Jan 31st 2011, 6:08 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mancmummy
Hello scouserwife and all. We've not yet made the leap yet but it's on the cards for midyear. We'll be living in Greensboro, can anyone tell me what it's really like out there?
why is everyone moving to Greensboro now I've left..it's almost feeling personal..

Anyhow, hello Mancmummy I'm originally from Manchester myself and then moved over to Greensboro but back in the UK now, if there's anything you need answers on, just give me a shout and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction..

(p.s. You'll love the place)..
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mancmummy
Hiya Mancmummy! I've lived in this area most of my life. I like it here. My husband is from Liverpool and loves it. I'm also a Real Estate Broker (not as bad as an Estate Agent from what I hear in feedback ) so if I can help you in any way just let me know! What brings you here?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

That James is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I've posted elsewhere but thought it would be friendly to say hello in the North Carolina thread.

I moved to Cary at the end of last year with my wife and four children. We're thoroughly enjoying it so far. The first month has been pretty full on - bad journey over, SSN application, driver's license, car buying, health insurance etc - but I sure have learnt a lot about the system! We're hoping to have a little time to enjoy the area now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.