Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Atlanta (Best Place to stay ?)

Moving to Atlanta (Best Place to stay ?)

Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:46 am
Just Joined

marioantoinette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Atlanta (Best Place to stay ?)

Hi , I'm looking for advice on some decent places to rent near Atlanta - I will be working downtown Atlanta but hoping for something a little bit out and on Public Transport, at least to begin with. I live in New Hampshire and I'm buggered if I'm driving down... 6 Month work assignment coming up.

Marietta sounds good but I'm really hoping theres something near an MRTA station.

Cheers.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:56 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Atlanta (Best Place to stay ?)

Originally Posted by marioantoinette
Hi , I'm looking for advice on some decent places to rent near Atlanta - I will be working downtown Atlanta but hoping for something a little bit out and on Public Transport, at least to begin with. I live in New Hampshire and I'm buggered if I'm driving down... 6 Month work assignment coming up.

Marietta sounds good but I'm really hoping theres something near an MRTA station.

Cheers.
The public transport options does limit your options with Atlanta as places like Marietta are out. I'd look at Buckhead, Midtown near Atlantic Station or Decatur.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:04 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Trouble with Marta is it doesnt go to many places which are nice to live (like Marietta) and some of the places it goes to are shite!
However CCT Bus goes downtown from Marietta, not sure exactly where, or you can brave the drive which is one of the worst in the US. Marietta Square is very nice AND has a British Corner Shop, and an Australian Bakery which makes great pies
Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

marioantoinette is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Trouble with Marta is it doesnt go to many places which are nice to live (like Marietta) and some of the places it goes to are shite!
However CCT Bus goes downtown from Marietta, not sure exactly where, or you can brave the drive which is one of the worst in the US. Marietta Square is very nice AND has a British Corner Shop, and an Australian Bakery which makes great pies
Thanks, Marietta does sound about the best but Ive turned the job down as after I pay rent , flights home and living expenses , factor in the stressful job and possibly living in a shithole due to my need to live near the Marta - I figure Im better off hiding in the trees here in New Hampshire and hoping the downturn goes away .

But i appreciate the advice anyway.