Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Manchester Airport

Manchester Airport

Old Jan 7th 2018, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Manchester Airport

Has anyone recently been through Manchester airport traveling with children and adults on US passports? Im trying to figure out if the immigration lines are going to be long and take a lot of time.
This is the first year that we will be traveling on US passports and not our Brit ones so I have no prior experience of going through UK immigration as a USC.
Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2018, 4:22 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester Airport

Originally Posted by Adnams
Has anyone recently been through Manchester airport traveling with children and adults on US passports? Im trying to figure out if the immigration lines are going to be long and take a lot of time.
This is the first year that we will be traveling on US passports and not our Brit ones so I have no prior experience of going through UK immigration as a USC.
Thanks
Why not get Brit passports, then the problem disappears.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 4:31 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Haven't been back in a long time, but the one occasion I used my US rather than UK passport, I was through in a flash, as the longer lines were those for returning Brits.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester is slow for everyone.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 4:33 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I go through Manchester regularly and use my US passport. Normally I find the line very short.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 4:33 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Not my experience I have always found it very quick.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

I came through in September and it was extremely quick, UK passport, no lines at the automated machines which were extremely easy to use.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by durham_lad
I came through in September and it was extremely quick, UK passport, no lines at the automated machines which were extremely easy to use.
I haven't cleared immigration at Manchester since automated machines, so that may be why I remember it being slow.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't cleared immigration at Manchester since automated machines, so that may be why I remember it being slow.
My distinct impression when coming through Heathrow was that both the intention and actual effect of introducing the automated machines was to reduce the number of staff needed not to make things go faster.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by durham_lad
Glad you posted that, one of the reasons I use my US passport is to avoid the machines. While the flight leaves PDX at 1.25pm it is overnight to AMS and then the KLM bus to Manchester. By that time I never figured my brain was awake enough to work out how to use the machines.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
My distinct impression when coming through Heathrow was that both the intention and actual effect of introducing the automated machines was to reduce the number of staff needed not to make things go faster.
My daughter and her partner came through Heathrow in December. She said that she breezed through while her partner took forever on his US passport
Old Jan 7th 2018, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lansbury
Glad you posted that, one of the reasons I use my US passport is to avoid the machines. While the flight leaves PDX at 1.25pm it is overnight to AMS and then the KLM bus to Manchester. By that time I never figured my brain was awake enough to work out how to use the machines.
Easiest system ever, slide in your passport, look at the camera then walk through the gate, no finger print recognition, no bit of paper to take and hand into an immigration officer afterwards.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 9:27 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

This is the first year that we had will be traveling on US passports and not our Brit ones so I have no prior experience of going through UK immigration as a USC.
Thanks
They may ask a lot of pesky questions, but it’s up to you which citizenship you want to travel on.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 10:14 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
I did Orlando to Manchester last year. I recall a long wait. I was on US pp, but no kids. I don't think that makes a difference.
It was the day before the arena bomb. The security line when leaving 2 weeks later was long/slow.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 11:23 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Boring me now,,,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.