Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Eccles cakes are flakey pastry?
Dead fly cakes.
Big large, huge dead fly's of course.
Reg. Frank R.:curse:
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

Originally Posted by Leslie66
WTF is the story with my name being invoked his thread? By the title I judged it to be about a homesick Brit wishing to get back home so I respectfully kept my nose out of things... as I do not know what that feels like and have no reason to impose my views on the OP.

Can somebody please explain to me what exactly my crime is?
Your smoking! This is a really big Anti Smoking thread.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:35 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Your smoking! This is a really big Anti Smoking thread.
Reg. Frank R.
I am in the unique position of having no idea who I've managed to piss off.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

I am in the unique position of having no idea who I've managed to piss off.
I told U, its the photo of you smoking. This is a smoke free zone.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Cool Re: Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

I just found this article on the BBC WEB. My question, would Ryanair be banned in USA from making this statement. Is there an Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) in the USA, or would the words "Advertising & Standards be considered a bit of a dilemma/contradiction in USA?
As several of us have already said, advertisers, seem to be able to say anything they like, no proof.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6957882.stm
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

What's this all about then?
didn't really understand it myself as i mentioned in my post. check back post #711 Redlippie, she started it
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

This is a really big Anti Smoking thread.
Reg. Frank R.
and probably the biggest and best anti smoking thread in the world!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TruBrit
and probably the biggest and best anti smoking thread in the world!
Theeeeeeeeeee Ultimate. Nowt ever seen like it on the planet, the universe.

"I am the worlds biggest, greatest exaggerator" "Ever"

Reg. Frank R.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Theeeeeeeeeee Ultimate. Nowt ever seen like it on the planet, the universe.

"I am the worlds biggest, greatest exaggerator" "Ever"

Reg. Frank R.
But wait!

Call within the next 10 minutes and we''ll give you another anti-smoking thread absolutely FREE!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:58 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Dead fly cakes.
Big large, huge dead fly's of course.
Reg. Frank R.:curse:
We used to call them that too...
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:18 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

didn't really understand it myself as i mentioned in my post. check back post #711 Redlippie, she started it
Now she seems to be banned. WTF?!?!?!?

For the record:

I overlook a hell of a lot more bitching than I ever respond to. I mean this is BE and there are only 24 hours in one day.

I don't mind general bitching especially about things that are true and I agree with. Please feel free to continue to say things that I agree with.

What I don't like is when people are insensitive to the feelings of others .....

after the school shooting at Virginia Tech I was pissed off at several people who were basically saying things like "Americans got what they deserved because of their liberal gun laws" ...

...or after the Minnesota bridge collapsed people saying things like "Well what do you expect in a country that builds such shitty bridges" ....

To me that is completely unnecessary and smacks of a "kick 'em while they're down" mentality .... Even if there may be some truth to these remarks it really is mean-spirited ... I mean ffs the bodies weren't even cold yet.

I make a point to be very sensitive when something tragic happens in the UK - especially when the people here may still be hurting. IMO it is just good manners.

I also don't like when people make very grand sweeping (and quite often completely incorrect) statements about the entire country based on their very limited experiences.

HOWEVER, I just like to say my piece - hear the other persons side of things - and then forget about it. I don't hold grudges and half the time don't remember who I've fought with about what - because it's unhealthy to hang onto all of that crap - both here on BE and in my regular life.

Peace and love to you all.

Last edited by Leslie; Aug 22nd 2007 at 7:23 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

For the record:

I overlook a hell of a lot more bitching than I ever respond to. I mean this is BE and there are only 24 hours in one day.

I don't mind general bitching especially about things that are true and I agree with. Please feel free to continue to say things that I agree with.

What I don't like is when people are insensitive to the feelings of others .....

after the school shooting at Virginia Tech I was pissed off at several people who were basically saying things like "Americans got what they deserved because of their liberal gun laws" ...

...or after the Minnesota bridge collapsed people saying things like "Well what do you expect in a country that builds such shitty bridges" ....

To me that is completely unnecessary and smacks of a "kick 'em while they're down" mentality .... Even if there may be some truth to these remarks it really is mean-spirited ... I mean ffs the bodies weren't even cold yet.

I make a point to be very sensitive when something tragic happens in the UK - especially when the people here may still be hurting. IMO it is just good manners.

I also don't like when people make very grand sweeping (and quite often completely incorrect) statements about the entire country based on their very limited experiences.

HOWEVER, I just like to say my piece - here the other persons side and then forget about it. I don't hold grudges and half the time don't remember who I've fought with about what - because it's unhealthy to hang onto all of that crap - both here on BE and in my regular life.

Peace and love to you all.
As to be expected from you...very well said. kudos.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

.:
who, redlippie banned? she's just made a come back
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

good Lord where have you people been??? lol
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:34 pm
WTF?

I'm shocked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.