Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Gotta love the crazy weather

Gotta love the crazy weather

Old Jan 20th 2012, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gotta love the crazy weather

RELENTLESS dumping soaking RAIN yesterday today and for the next probably 4 months in NorCal
Like the boro on a really BAD day!!!
Im going to get that SAD i just know it
Old Jan 21st 2012, 12:23 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
Only in the Ohio Valley can we have tornado warnings in the same day that we are supposed to have snow! We're battening down the hatches and hoping nothing hits us or loved ones. Hope anyone else in the line of fire comes out ok!
I know, this is the craziest weather I can remember in a really long time....it's supposed to hit 50F by Thursday (40s until then). No snow days this year
Old Jan 21st 2012, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
I know, this is the craziest weather I can remember in a really long time....it's supposed to hit 50F by Thursday (40s until then). No snow days this year
We've just had 3! We ended up with about 12 inches of snow, then an ice storm and huge power outages! We were lucky and only had a total of 6 hours, but our friends were 24 and counting... Looked like they were in for the long haul and it finally came on tonite!

Never wanted to go back to work as much as I do now, just need some normalcy. Snow days always sound good, in theory....
Old Jan 21st 2012, 5:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
We've just had 3! We ended up with about 12 inches of snow, then an ice storm and huge power outages! We were lucky and only had a total of 6 hours, but our friends were 24 and counting... Looked like they were in for the long haul and it finally came on tonite!

Never wanted to go back to work as much as I do now, just need some normalcy. Snow days always sound good, in theory....
We get our fair share of snow and ice here, so I sympathize. We had an ice storm here year before last that did a lot of damage. Our power went out for about 18 hours - which was bad enough cuz it was starting to get damn cold in our house since we had an electric furnace.

We aren't getting quite the amount you all have received up there, but we are getting rain/snow/sleet mix, with the possibility of freezing rain throughout the night and tomorrow morning. Then it's supposed to warm up and melt. Then we are supposed to hit close to 60 on Sun, with a high probability of strong thunderstorms. Just wish Mother Nature would make up her mind, and either stay warm(ish) or cold. This flip-flopping has to go! Its no wonder my sinuses don't know what to do.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
We get our fair share of snow and ice here, so I sympathize. We had an ice storm here year before last that did a lot of damage. Our power went out for about 18 hours - which was bad enough cuz it was starting to get damn cold in our house since we had an electric furnace.

We aren't getting quite the amount you all have received up there, but we are getting rain/snow/sleet mix, with the possibility of freezing rain throughout the night and tomorrow morning. Then it's supposed to warm up and melt. Then we are supposed to hit close to 60 on Sun, with a high probability of strong thunderstorms. Just wish Mother Nature would make up her mind, and either stay warm(ish) or cold. This flip-flopping has to go! Its no wonder my sinuses don't know what to do.
Understand that one! Thankfully we are now in the "big thaw" lol