Reload this Page >

Can Anyone Help Me

Can Anyone Help Me

Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:39 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Anyone Help Me

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
We are thinking of heading back next year maybe, just for the free health care, decent days off from work, busses, no Hersheys chocolate, fish, chips and mushy peas, rain, cheap cars, tolerable temeratures and various other little things lol.
what... you heading back after all you said about the uk
Old Aug 13th 2007, 1:25 am
Silly fool for love

twiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by penguinsix
You could come over to study for a year at a Uni. Would cost a bit though, but it would give you a chance to spend a good year in the US and decide if this is the one for you.
I would like to advise against this option. Purely from an experiental point of view.

I, like the fool for love I am decided to apply to graduate schools in the United States in order to be in the same continent as my boyfriend (we've been together for nearly 3 years). I've now finished, applied for OPT and received my EAD which is valid for one year.

If you're thinking about getting married in 3-4 years, the grad school/opt option may not be the best as it is:
a) incredibly costly (even with a v. generous scholarship)
b) a logistical nightmare, if your significant other is applying for some form of graduate education or plans to be move for work/school.

I'm currently in the midst of a breakup due to problems associated with point b.

Apologies if this isn't the sort of advice you're after...

Best of luck! Do tell us if love wins out!
Old Aug 13th 2007, 1:26 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of love outweighs a lot of luck. Face it together and go for it. There is always the UK option of course. Much easier to get in for your GF/wife and prolly a lot cheaper. We are thinking of heading back next year maybe, just for the free health care, decent days off from work, busses, no Hersheys chocolate, fish, chips and mushy peas, rain, cheap cars, tolerable temeratures and various other little things lol. America is definately an experience you should have under your belt though.
I thought you were here for the long haul! I am going to be the one turning the lights out!!!!
Old Aug 13th 2007, 1:54 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I am forced to disagree further.
Find me one thread on the marriage forum of this board in the last year where the person did not eventually get good advice on a standard question. Sure, there are wnakers in there with an axe to grind (sometimes even a pro wnaker!), but eventually peer review and pressure pushed through the right advice provided the seeker stayed the course and had their questions answered.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
dont do that Did you meet on line or something ? Your only 20 I see far to young to get married.
I got married on my 17th birthday!

Im still married 16 years later and yes to the same man!!!!!
Old Aug 13th 2007, 3:03 pm
Silly fool for love

twiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by loopylorns
I got married on my 17th birthday!

Im still married 16 years later and yes to the same man!!!!!
That's a really sweet story!
Old Aug 13th 2007, 3:43 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
what... you heading back after all you said about the uk
Well, just a fleeting thought. Mrs Sod fancies it. You never know whats around the next corner. It's all part of the rich tapestry etc etc lol
Old Aug 13th 2007, 3:47 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Well, just a fleeting thought. Mrs Sod fancies it. You never know whats around the next corner. It's all part of the rich tapestry etc etc lol
Mrs Sod seems to be a very clever woman.

You married well.

Old Aug 13th 2007, 4:12 pm
Account Closed

dunno about fleeting, seems you've put quite a bit of thought into it.

btw, if it's mrs sod's idea then you have a very sensible woman there
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:26 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
dunno about fleeting, seems you've put quite a bit of thought into it.

btw, if it's mrs sod's idea then you have a very sensible woman there
Well,we seriously considered it earlier this year for a while and then decided against the idea. So at the moment the plan is still formed but kind of on the back burner andjust floating around. Much as I love it here it is nice to know that home is just a few thousand miles away and my friends/family will be there, should we seriously decide to go, waiting with open arms.

However, I am told by everyone that Polish is now the official language in parts of salford and it is hard to find any work that our former soviet cousins will not do for cheaper. So, pros and cons I guess, but will let you all know should we really decide to hop the pond
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

However, I am told by everyone that Polish is now the official language in parts of salford and it is hard to find any work that our former soviet cousins will not do for cheaper. So, pros and cons I guess, but will let you all know should we really decide to hop the pond

seems like the whole world is being invaded by immigrants just like you and me

yep good old blighty isn't far away that's the good thing.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:39 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

However, I am told by everyone that Polish is now the official language in parts of salford and it is hard to find any work that our former soviet cousins will not do for cheaper.
Oh dear! Time for a little history studying.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:22 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Well,we seriously considered it earlier this year for a while and then decided against the idea. So at the moment the plan is still formed but kind of on the back burner andjust floating around. Much as I love it here it is nice to know that home is just a few thousand miles away and my friends/family will be there, should we seriously decide to go, waiting with open arms.

Dzień dobry, Sod.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:23 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Oh dear! Time for a little history studying.
Just a new way of getting the crap beaten out of you in a Salford back alley.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 2:42 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Dzień dobry, Sod.
I said that a 1000 times on a trip to Poland
but never knew how to spell it...Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.