British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Can Anyone Help Me (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/can-anyone-help-me-473571/)

SBPDean Aug 12th 2007 9:06 pm

Can Anyone Help Me

Hello, i am planning on going over to stay with my girlfriend and her family for a year and during the time i am staying i will want to get a part time job, so i was wondering what kind of visa i will need to apply for?
Thank you in advance.

britvic Aug 12th 2007 9:21 pm

Re: Can Anyone Help Me

Originally Posted by SBPDean (Post 5181152)
Hello, i am planning on going over to stay with my girlfriend and her family for a year and during the time i am staying i will want to get a part time job, so i was wondering what kind of visa i will need to apply for?
Thank you in advance.

It's not that easy when your not married, some one might be along in a minute to help you out :unsure:

SBPDean Aug 12th 2007 9:24 pm

Ok thank you, i hope some one can help, if not we'll just have to rush the wedding :p

TruBrit Aug 12th 2007 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by SBPDean (Post 5181190)
Ok thank you, i hope some one can help, if not we'll just have to rush the wedding :p

you might have more response if you post this in the visa section. cheers.

britvic Aug 12th 2007 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by SBPDean (Post 5181190)

:unsure: dont do that :blink: Did you meet on line or something ? Your only 20 I see far to young to get married.

SBPDean Aug 12th 2007 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 5181199)
:unsure: dont do that :blink: Did you meet on line or something ?

well we first meet online like over 3 yrs ago, and last year i went over to spend a month with her and her family we we all got on grate, well apart form her step dad, and they just come over this summer to see england and to meet my family . :D which lucky they all got on like a house on fire, and we're both really happy and do want to get married in the next 3-4 years.

Manc Aug 12th 2007 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by SBPDean (Post 5181206)
well we first meet online like over 3 yrs ago, and last year i went over to spend a month with her and her family we we all got on grate, well apart form her step dad, and they just come over this summer to see england and to meet my family . :D which lucky they all got on like a house on fire, and we're both really happy and do want to get married in the next 3-4 years.

just marry her or be prepared to do a lot of flying.
you really have no chance of getting a visa on your own mate.

fatbrit Aug 12th 2007 9:54 pm

Thank you in advance.

The magic visa -- it doesn't exist! If you marry her, go see an immigration attorney and he'll put you on the right path. If you don't marry her, leave before your 90 days are up.

Duncan Roberts Aug 12th 2007 10:25 pm

i am planning on going over to stay with my girlfriend and her family for a year

You might want to re-think this idea if you don't have a visa.

TruBrit Aug 12th 2007 10:40 pm

Thank you in advance.

i'm sure you'll get some good advice on here....good luck!

britvic Aug 12th 2007 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 5181384)
i'm sure you'll get some good advice on here....good luck!

And from reading in the visa section, he will not get the advice he was hoping for.

Silly Sod Aug 12th 2007 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by SBPDean (Post 5181206)

Sounds like you are very mature for your tender age (little shit!) :) and have gone about forming a relationship in a cautious and sensible way. I say good luck and all the best. Also, always seek professional advice if you can. If I have learned anything from internet forums it is this: a lot of the information you get may be based on opinion and bias. No disrespect to BE members but I think we can all agree there are a lot of emotive arguements on this issue that are not always entirely correct. Anyway, good luck and grap the pocorn - here it begins.....mmuuuwhhaaaaaa hhhaaaa ahaaaaaa haaaaaa :)

Silly Sod Aug 12th 2007 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts (Post 5181337)
You might want to re-think this idea if you don't have a visa.

Bollox, get married and overstay. Like half of BE secretly did ha ha

SBPDean Aug 12th 2007 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Silly Sod (Post 5181425)
Sounds like you are very mature for your tender age (little shit!) :) and have gone about forming a relationship in a cautious and sensible way. I say good luck and all the best. Also, always seek professional advice if you can. If I have learned anything from internet forums it is this: a lot of the information you get may be based on opinion and bias. No disrespect to BE members but I think we can all agree there are a lot of emotive arguements on this issue that are not always entirely correct. Anyway, good luck and grap the pocorn - here it begins.....mmuuuwhhaaaaaa hhhaaaa ahaaaaaa haaaaaa :)

Ha ha thanks people call me that a lot ... little shit that is :lol: ... but yeah i get what you mean, i think i will just ask around professionals and see what they say and if all else files ill get married and over stay like you said to do ;)

Silly Sod Aug 12th 2007 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by SBPDean (Post 5181457)
Ha ha thanks people call me that a lot ... little shit that is :lol: ... but yeah i get what you mean, i think i will just ask around professionals and see what they say and if all else files ill get married and over stay like you said to do ;)

Well, for the benefit of the reading public and yourself, i was kidding about that lol. Always consider the laws of the land butdo seek advice from more than one place. Good luck dude :)