Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can Anyone Help Me

Can Anyone Help Me

Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

SBPDean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can Anyone Help Me

Hello, i am planning on going over to stay with my girlfriend and her family for a year and during the time i am staying i will want to get a part time job, so i was wondering what kind of visa i will need to apply for?
Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Anyone Help Me

Originally Posted by SBPDean
Hello, i am planning on going over to stay with my girlfriend and her family for a year and during the time i am staying i will want to get a part time job, so i was wondering what kind of visa i will need to apply for?
Thank you in advance.
It's not that easy when your not married, some one might be along in a minute to help you out
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Ok thank you, i hope some one can help, if not we'll just have to rush the wedding
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok thank you, i hope some one can help, if not we'll just have to rush the wedding
you might have more response if you post this in the visa section. cheers.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

dont do that Did you meet on line or something ? Your only 20 I see far to young to get married.

Last edited by britvic; Aug 12th 2007 at 9:34 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by britvic
dont do that Did you meet on line or something ?
well we first meet online like over 3 yrs ago, and last year i went over to spend a month with her and her family we we all got on grate, well apart form her step dad, and they just come over this summer to see england and to meet my family . which lucky they all got on like a house on fire, and we're both really happy and do want to get married in the next 3-4 years.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:39 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

well we first meet online like over 3 yrs ago, and last year i went over to spend a month with her and her family we we all got on grate, well apart form her step dad, and they just come over this summer to see england and to meet my family . which lucky they all got on like a house on fire, and we're both really happy and do want to get married in the next 3-4 years.
just marry her or be prepared to do a lot of flying.
you really have no chance of getting a visa on your own mate.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:54 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you in advance.
The magic visa -- it doesn't exist! If you marry her, go see an immigration attorney and he'll put you on the right path. If you don't marry her, leave before your 90 days are up.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

i am planning on going over to stay with my girlfriend and her family for a year
You might want to re-think this idea if you don't have a visa.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you in advance.
i'm sure you'll get some good advice on here....good luck!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i'm sure you'll get some good advice on here....good luck!
And from reading in the visa section, he will not get the advice he was hoping for.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 10:53 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you are very mature for your tender age (little shit!) and have gone about forming a relationship in a cautious and sensible way. I say good luck and all the best. Also, always seek professional advice if you can. If I have learned anything from internet forums it is this: a lot of the information you get may be based on opinion and bias. No disrespect to BE members but I think we can all agree there are a lot of emotive arguements on this issue that are not always entirely correct. Anyway, good luck and grap the pocorn - here it begins.....mmuuuwhhaaaaaa hhhaaaa ahaaaaaa haaaaaa
Old Aug 12th 2007, 10:54 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
You might want to re-think this idea if you don't have a visa.
Bollox, get married and overstay. Like half of BE secretly did ha ha
Old Aug 12th 2007, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Sounds like you are very mature for your tender age (little shit!) and have gone about forming a relationship in a cautious and sensible way. I say good luck and all the best. Also, always seek professional advice if you can. If I have learned anything from internet forums it is this: a lot of the information you get may be based on opinion and bias. No disrespect to BE members but I think we can all agree there are a lot of emotive arguements on this issue that are not always entirely correct. Anyway, good luck and grap the pocorn - here it begins.....mmuuuwhhaaaaaa hhhaaaa ahaaaaaa haaaaaa
Ha ha thanks people call me that a lot ... little shit that is ... but yeah i get what you mean, i think i will just ask around professionals and see what they say and if all else files ill get married and over stay like you said to do
Old Aug 12th 2007, 11:14 pm
Bugger Off!

Ha ha thanks people call me that a lot ... little shit that is ... but yeah i get what you mean, i think i will just ask around professionals and see what they say and if all else files ill get married and over stay like you said to do
Well, for the benefit of the reading public and yourself, i was kidding about that lol. Always consider the laws of the land butdo seek advice from more than one place. Good luck dude

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.