Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Been in US almost 2 years; need to make a decision but kids want different things!

Been in US almost 2 years; need to make a decision but kids want different things!

Old Sep 25th 2017, 9:46 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been in US almost 2 years; need to make a decision but kids want different things

Originally Posted by FLExpat13
Thanks yellowroom, shame a lot of people on the forum aren’t actually there to help people but to get a “rise” out of them or look for issues that aren’t there.... I’m out
Nobody was trying to get "a rise" out of you, and it now appears that you are better prepared and organized than some people who come here looking for help and advice, but might I suggest that in future you don't post half-truths and misinformation about your situation because having seen thousands of requests for help most of us have well-tuned BS detectors, and glaring inconsistencies or obvious errors usually means either "hopeless basket case", or "troll".

The big two stumbling blocks we see here are consistently "visas" and "tax", and to be totally honest, the group of regular contributors here have better things to do than share their knowledge with someone who has fundamental issues that need to be addressed before we get down to the details of where you can find Penguin biscuits for your children and get a pedicure for your dog.

Now that we have the little misunderstanding about your tax situation clarified, perhaps you would care to wind your neck in and see if we can get you more of the advice you came looking for.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 11:25 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been in US almost 2 years; need to make a decision but kids want different things

FLExpat13 , I seem to be saying this a lot lately but please don't be scared off by a few unhelpful posters. You came here asking for advice about your situation. I think you have had some helpful replies.

There are quite a few of us with kids your age, in a similar situation to you. It is hard and I am sorry that you have been treated badly here. Do come back and be part of our community...
Old Sep 25th 2017, 11:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
FLExpat13 , I seem to be saying this a lot lately but please don't be scared off by a few unhelpful posters. You came here asking for advice about your situation. I think you have had some helpful replies.

There are quite a few of us with kids your age, in a similar situation to you. It is hard and I am sorry that you have been treated badly here. Do come back and be part of our community...
I disagree with your first sentence. We were trying to help the OP. OK it wasn't what she asked for or wanted to hear...but we were trying to help all the same.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 11:33 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I disagree with your first sentence. We were trying to help the OP. OK it wasn't what she asked for or wanted to hear...but we were trying to help all the same.
disagree all you want. Yet another newbie has been scared off.

That's 2 in a week. Maybe, just maybe when someone is vulnerable and comes here, bears their heart and asks for advice you could just be a little bit nicer. It's like I think the mods told me when I first arrived and Pulaskin was unpleasant to me - think of BE like a pub. Well, I don't think you'd harangue and question a stranger in a pub asking for advice.

Sarky comments from Pulaski don't bother me anymore but it's a shame that it seems to be a rite of passage that you have to survive your first pulaski attack.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 11:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
disagree all you want. Yet another newbie has been scared off.

That's 2 in a week. Maybe, just maybe when someone is vulnerable and comes here, bears their heart and asks for advice you could just be a little bit nicer. It's like I think the mods told me when I first arrived and Pulaskin was unpleasant to me - think of BE like a pub. Well, I don't think you'd harangue and question a stranger in a pub asking for advice.

Sarky comments from Pulaski don't bother me anymore but it's a shame that it seems to be a rite of passage that you have to survive your first pulaski attack.
It's about time you and Pulaski took your personal grievances to PM...rather than spoiling yet another thread with your dislike of each other.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 11:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

FLExpat13...I apologize but I am closing this thread. Please feel free to open a new thread...