Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Assistance with Shipping Items from UK to the US

Assistance with Shipping Items from UK to the US

Old Oct 10th 2017, 3:28 am
Just Joined

SaraQE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Assistance with Shipping Items from UK to the US

Hello - I am new to the board but have used it for reference for some time now. I am a US citizen and married to a UK citizen. My husband's father has passed away and we are trying to find information on shipping items from the UK to the US as we clean out his flat and save things that my husband wants to keep.

Has anyone done this before who might be able to give us some advice or the name of a freight shipping company? I don't know where to start with this aside from FedEx or DHL, but we're talking about several boxes and there would be no rush in when they arrived in port here in the US.

I tried to search for this information and couldn't find a thread about it, if there is one please do let me know and I'm sorry for the new/duplicate thread.

Thank you for your time and any information you might be able to give us.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Assistance with Shipping Items from UK to the US

Here's one thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/overs...uk-usa-902631/

Hope it helps.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 4:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by quiltman
Here's one thread
Hope it helps.
Thank you, I saw that thread but it seems the admin closed it before anyone could really respond Thank you though for taking the time and trying to help!
Old Oct 10th 2017, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

bearclaire1 is an unknown quantity at this point

This site was mentioned in a few threads, but I have not used them for any shipping.

https://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/
Old Oct 10th 2017, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bearclaire1
This site was mentioned in a few threads, but I have not used them for any shipping.

https://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/
I have used Transglobal several times without issue. They are less expensive than going direct with FEDEX, DHL, UPS etc.
The big advantage is they are door to door.
Unless you have a large amount ocean freight is not viable as you will have ISF filing, bond and warehouse charges.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 5:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bearclaire1
Thank you for the link and the assistance!
Old Oct 11th 2017, 5:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ottotheboar
I have used Transglobal several times without issue. They are less expensive than going direct with FEDEX, DHL, UPS etc.
The big advantage is they are door to door.
Unless you have a large amount ocean freight is not viable as you will have ISF filing, bond and warehouse charges.
Thank you for your feedback about using their service, it's very helpful! We are going to use them as well. I really appreciate your time in replying.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 7:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SaraQE
Thank you, I saw that thread but it seems the admin closed it before anyone could really respond
Because the guy was posting only to PM - we don't close threads for no good reason! There are hundreds of other threads with useful info though, a quick search should bring them up.

HTH.