Passports :)

Old Jan 28th 2001, 4:31 am
Starwind

Well folks, I finally applied for a US passport -- sent off the
magical-and-expensive-to-replace Natz certificate... so...

kind of a final Timeline of sorts...

17 January 2001 apply for US passport @ passport acceptance facility [local county
district court in TX, via normal processing 22 January 2001 US Dept of State passport fee
cheque clears bank 24 January 2001 postdate on return envelope 27 January 2001 US passport
+ natz certificate arrive in mail from Charleston, SC passport center

Folks, this is supposed to take SIX WEEKS; it only took TEN DAYS!!! And I did NOT pay for
expedited service. Talk about service!!

SW.

Old Jan 28th 2001, 1:49 pm
mjones

Congratulations. I don't suppose you had to go to the UK or France or anything during that
10 days so you could tell us how the "A number and Natz number" ID system worked when
reentering the US? (That was a joke). Thanks for all the good info. Mike

>Well folks, I finally applied for a US passport -- sent off the
>magical-and-expensive-to-replace Natz certificate... so...
>
>kind of a final Timeline of sorts...
>
>17 January 2001 apply for US passport @ passport acceptance facility [local county
>district court in TX, via normal processing 22 January 2001 US Dept of State passport fee
>cheque clears bank 24 January 2001 postdate on return envelope 27 January 2001 US
>passport + natz certificate arrive in mail from Charleston, SC passport center
>
>Folks, this is supposed to take SIX WEEKS; it only took TEN DAYS!!! And I did NOT pay for
>expedited service. Talk about service!!
>
>
>SW.
>
>