Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N400 - Time to complete the Journey

N400 - Time to complete the Journey

Old Mar 7th 2010, 12:00 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 - Time to complete the Journey

Originally Posted by meauxna
Think how much smarter you will be for all the learnin' you'll do...
Very funny I'm sure

Last edited by Poppy girl; Mar 7th 2010 at 12:08 am.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 12:54 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Did you take the new test or the old one?
The new one looks much more challenging!
The new one. When you go for the biometrics that give you a book with the questions and answers and a CD of the same to play when driving around.

Couple of questions you need to look up the answers for. State governor, your Senators and who covers your district in the House.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 12:55 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
The new one. When you go for the biometrics that give you a book with the questions and answers and a CD of the same to play when driving around.

Couple of questions you need to look up the answers for. State governor, your Senators and who covers your district in the House.
Are you serious or am I being a blonde
Old Mar 7th 2010, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

wordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to behold

There's nothing very hard about the facts covered in the new test... the problem is that some of the questions are horribly worded to the point that you really don't know what the hell they're getting at. I'm sure I also found a couple of answers that are not entirely accurate

Any other left-field questions we should know about along the same lines as "have you lied to a federal officer"?

I'm also curious what documents people were asked for beyond the few listed on by USCIS (drivers license, passports, green card). I'm planning to take a fat file of everything from tax returns and DMV records to the giant print out of airline flights I've taken in the last 10 years, just to be sure. Oh, and a copy of the N400 I submitted.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by wordfool
There's nothing very hard about the facts covered in the new test... the problem is that some of the questions are horribly worded to the point that you really don't know what the hell they're getting at. I'm sure I also found a couple of answers that are not entirely accurate

Any other left-field questions we should know about along the same lines as "have you lied to a federal officer"?

I'm also curious what documents people were asked for beyond the few listed on by USCIS (drivers license, passports, green card). I'm planning to take a fat file of everything from tax returns and DMV records to the giant print out of airline flights I've taken in the last 10 years, just to be sure. Oh, and a copy of the N400 I submitted.
LOL me too I think I will need a suitcase.....you think I am joking!!
Old Mar 7th 2010, 1:59 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
The stuff we found on the uscis site..
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:58 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Serious, it is easy no worries.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 10:37 pm
The Gambler

Martin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud of

Timeline for my N-400 (based on 11 years of residency) so far:

2/23/10 mailed application to Phoenix
2/25/10 received by USCIS
3/6/10 check cashed
3/10/10 Received I-797C - Notice of Action
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

More N-400 news for y’all, mailed ours today to Phoenix, so I thought I’d share the journey too.

Three separated applications in the same envelope, all 5 year residency. I’ll let you know on progress. (Plus one more in the family but that one has gone to Texas).
Attached Images  
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Zonie
More N-400 news for y’all, mailed ours today to Phoenix, so I thought I’d share the journey too.

Three separated applications in the same envelope, all 5 year residency. I’ll let you know on progress. (Plus one more in the family but that one has gone to Texas).
I think we should have a timeline thread exclusive for the N400 so we can all follow without jumping from each other threads.

I will start it please all add your individual journey.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 7:05 pm
The Gambler

Martin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud of

UPDATED....

2/23/10 Mailed application to Phoenix.
2/25/10 Received by USCIS.
3/06/10 Check cashed.
3/10/10 Received I-797C - Notice of Action.
3/20/10 Received Text Notification.
(Request for Additional Evidence Sent 3/18/10 )
3/25/10 Received Finger Print Notice Of Action.
4/08/10 FingerPrint Appt.. ( 9 am )
Old Mar 25th 2010, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Martin_Egan
UPDATED....

2/23/10 Mailed application to Phoenix.
2/25/10 Received by USCIS.
3/06/10 Check cashed.
3/10/10 Received I-797C - Notice of Action.
3/20/10 Received Text Notification.
(Request for Additional Evidence Sent 3/18/10 )
3/25/10 Received Finger Print Notice Of Action.
4/08/10 FingerPrint Appt.. ( 9 am )
Bummer on the RFE I expect one any day as well
Great about the Fingerprint appt.

Do you know what the RFE is for or is it personal!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 11:51 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

IIRC the RFE *IS* for the finger printing appointment...
Old Mar 26th 2010, 1:55 am
The Gambler

Bummer on the RFE I expect one any day as well
Great about the Fingerprint appt.

Do you know what the RFE is for or is it personal!
I have been told that this is a glitch in the system , when they send out your biometrics letter it shows as an RFE on your status.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Martin_Egan
I have been told that this is a glitch in the system , when they send out your biometrics letter it shows as an RFE on your status.
I just signed up for text so I will be prepared.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.