Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N400 - Time to complete the Journey

N400 - Time to complete the Journey

Old Mar 6th 2010, 6:38 am
The Gambler

Martin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud of
Post N400 - Time to complete the Journey

It has been 11 Years since I arrived in the USA and applied for my Permanent Resident Status, Which was Started in April 1999 and Signed off on in Nov 2001.

So now starts a new chapter , the road to being a US Citizen and getting to do the one thing I couldn't do as a Permanent Resident.......VOTE.

Actually I decided why pay a renewal fee for another 10 year card when might as well pay the difference and become a citizen.... Take the plunge.

So I decided I might as well share the journey with who ever wants to come....

Well the trek started Last week on an overcast but warm Tuesday 23rd Feb when I entered my local post office here in Las Vegas, NV and deposited my N-400 App with Photos and a Copy of my DMV License and the required dosh and sent it on its merry way to the USCIS at the Phoenix, AZ Service Center.

On Thursday 25th Feb it was per my Certified Receipt , Accepted.

It Has been 8 days and no sign of the Check being cashed yet, But I get the feeling it takes a bit longer in Phoenix for them to get on the ball.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 - Time to complete the Journey

Originally Posted by Martin_Egan
Well the trek started Last week on an overcast but warm Tuesday 23rd Feb when I entered my local post office here in Las Vegas, NV and deposited my N-400 App with Photos and a Copy of my DMV License and the required dosh and sent it on its merry way to the USCIS at the Phoenix, AZ Service Center.
Hi and thanks for posting. However, ...

I don't want to burst your bubble but that copy should have been one of your green card.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 3:05 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Yep it has to be the GC mate not your DL.

I sent mine 2 weeks ago to AZ and it was cashed this week.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=655796

I expect that you did read this booklet before submitting, but just incase you did not or for any other folk

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

Last edited by Poppy girl; Mar 6th 2010 at 3:10 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 4:33 pm
The Gambler

Martin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud of

OOps.... Sorry It was late when I posted this.... Don`t know why I said DMV, I did indeed make a copy of my Green Card....
Old Mar 6th 2010, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

OOps.... Sorry It was late when I posted this.... Don`t know why I said DMV, I did indeed make a copy of my Green Card....
Ha, you British with your sense of humour......

Well good luck with the rest of it and let us know how it progresses.

Last edited by Zonie; Mar 6th 2010 at 5:31 pm. Reason: Removed references to the Anglo Aryan conflict.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 6:17 pm
The Gambler

Timeline for my N-400 (based on 11 years of residency) so far:

2/23/10 mailed application to Phoenix
2/25/10 received by USCIS
3/6/10 check cashed
Old Mar 6th 2010, 6:34 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Timeline for my N-400 (based on 11 years of residency) so far:

2/23/10 mailed application to Phoenix
2/25/10 received by USCIS
3/6/10 check cashed
We are on the same time frame 1 or 2 days apart. keep posting as it happens..... it does help others
Old Mar 6th 2010, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

wordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, it takes 7-10 days for them to cash the check... my application was received by Phoenix in Jan. 5, check was cashed Jan. 12, I had my biometrics Feb. 2, and my interview is scheduled for Mar. 24. Pretty quick overall.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by wordfool
Yeah, it takes 7-10 days for them to cash the check... my application was received by Phoenix in Jan. 5, check was cashed Jan. 12, I had my biometrics Feb. 2, and my interview is scheduled for Mar. 24. Pretty quick overall.
That sure is damn quick, hope you are studying
Old Mar 6th 2010, 8:58 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

But I get the feeling it takes a bit longer in Phoenix for them to get on the ball.

There are a lot of slow people in Phoenix. Not at all like the go-getters you find in Vegas.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 9:51 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
That sure is damn quick, hope you are studying
Don't worry it isn't hard to memorize the answer to 100 questions. It was the "Have you every lied to a Federal officer?" that I wasn't expecting
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury
Don't worry it isn't hard to memorize the answer to 100 questions. It was the "Have you every lied to a Federal officer?" that I wasn't expecting
Just been to check the mail and I have a I-797C Notice of action.

The above application has been recieved by our office and is in process. Our records indicate your personal information is as follows

DOB **********
Address *********

Please verify your personal information listed above and immediately notify our office at the above address or phone number listed below if there are any changes.

Upon receipt of all required record checks, you will be scheduled to appear for an interview at your local USCIS field office.

Last edited by Poppy girl; Mar 6th 2010 at 10:27 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:34 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Did you take the new test or the old one?
The new one looks much more challenging!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna
Did you take the new test or the old one?
The new one looks much more challenging!
GREAT!!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 11:16 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
GREAT!!
Think how much smarter you will be for all the learnin' you'll do...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.