Ead question

Old Feb 18th 2018, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Vale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ead question

Sorry if these are stupid questions re EaD application !

I live in the UK and looking to work in the Us I understand the need to apply for an EaD for permission to work, what I can’t find the answer to is do I need to be living in the US when I apply? Friends in the US have said I can use their address for postal purposes. Again sorry if a dumb question, I will give the UK field office s call tomorrow too. Thank you
Old Feb 18th 2018, 8:39 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ead question

An EAD relates to a "trailing spouse" visa. Are you a trailing spouse, and if so what visa is your spouse being given to work in the US?

If you are not a trailing spouse then EAD doesn't apply to you.

If by "field office" you mean the US embassy, then you will get absolutely no useful information from them as they are not their to provide advice, and the people who answer the phone are not trained to provide advice. So anything they say may be entirely misleading, and therefore worse than useless. If you want "advice" then you would need to consult a lawyer, .... or ask your questions here.

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 18th 2018 at 8:58 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2018, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vale

I live in the UK and looking to work in the Us I understand the need to apply for an EaD for permission to work, what I can’t find the answer to is do I need to be living in the US when I apply? Friends in the US have said I can use their address for postal purposes. Again sorry if a dumb question, I will give the UK field office s call tomorrow too. Thank you
If you are not a trailing spouse you need a visa to work in the US. Your prospective employer applies for this for you.
Old Feb 18th 2018, 10:07 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

No point calling any US government office tomorrow - it's a federal holiday. That applies to overseas embassies also.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 12:36 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vale

EAD stands for Employment Authorization Document and is only available to someone already in the USA with a visa that allows them to obtain an EAD.

If you are starting from scratch with wanting to live and work in the USA, you will need some kind of work visa, not an EAD.

Rene
Old Feb 19th 2018, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
No point calling any US government office tomorrow - it's a federal holiday. That applies to overseas embassies also.
Nor will they likely be bothered for a phone call on any other day of the year.