Another update

Old Sep 17th 2009, 3:43 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another update

Originally Posted by geeandtee
We have another option which we are looking at. Years ago, my sister (a US citizen) applied for a visa. The petition was approved and it's my understanding that the dates are right and we can apply for a visa when they become available in the next 'round.

This means we have to go via the US Embassy in London, get another medical, etc. etc. Am trying to work out whether it's feasible to go that route, because it seems less traumatic and cheaper (relatively speaking) than upping sticks, moving back to UK, finding jobs, house, moving pets, etc.

I know it takes about three weeks, from providing the NVC the right paper work to getting an appointment. What I can't seem to find out are what the waiting times for appointments in London are, for immigrant visa interviews.

All i do know is that it's an utter, utter, shameful farce.
You have a sibling petition approved? And a current visa number/priority date? Have either you or sister been notified by NVC that the case is current?

The visa application portion normally takes much more than 3 weeks, but this is a curious and happy development if everything is current.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
You have a sibling petition approved? And a current visa number/priority date? Have either you or sister been notified by NVC that the case is current?

The visa application portion normally takes much more than 3 weeks, but this is a curious and happy development if everything is current.
The priority date has passed.

There are no visas available at the moment.

We've pretty much decided that we're going back to the UK for good unless a miracle happens and our Congresswoman can lean on the right people. I really can't be arsed to go through the whole bloody paper chase again, especially paying out for another medical for the three of us, application fees, going back to the UK and waiting for an interview. I can't take my son out of school indefinitely. At some point, we have to get out of limbo and get on with our lives.

My Dad went to visit the Congresswoman's local office the other day. He spoke with the girl who had been dealing with our problem. She told him that the whole out of status thing stems from a failure on our attorney's part to have me fill in some kind of form to submit that acknowledged that I was out of status but applying for an EAD. That's the first I'd heard of that.
She has passed our case on to her supervisor. A colleague of mine happens to know the Congresswoman's Chief of Staff in DC and he's going to speak to him. I don't know if any of this will do any good but, at this point, it can't hurt.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 3:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Geeandtee I am so sorry to hear this...I'd been hoping you'd manage to get it all sorted out. I really hope someone, somewhere can pull a rabbit out of the hat for you.