After the oath, what comes next?

Old Jan 25th 2012, 12:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After the oath, what comes next?

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Regarding a), in theory.

While it is a government issued ID and should be ok for domestic air travel, I can see some minimum wage TSA burger flipper not accepting it saying it is valid only for land and sea travel (which is strictly true, you can't fly to Mexico with it).
It is on the approved list of TSA documents:
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...documents.shtm
Old Jan 25th 2012, 5:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
It is on the approved list of TSA documents:
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...documents.shtm
I wasn't suggesting it wasn't on the list. I was suggesting those highly trained lowest bidder grunts wouldn't recognise it.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 11:44 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...sport_card.jpg

It's credit card sized. Only useful for crossing to adjoining places, so get it in addition to the passport.
Are you allowed to be happy in your passport? I thought you had to be serious.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 12:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

AFAIK it has to be in person as they need to see the original citizenship paper before updating your records.

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Congratulations! Did you mean a link to the form or is there way to do this online these days? I never got my act together to do this and have had the form sitting on my desk so many years it has undoubtedly expired! If there was a way to do it online that I haven't located I would be so happy.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
You do need to tell the SSA of your status as a U.S. citizen but you will not receive a new Social Security Number.
Right... he won't get a new number, but he should receive a new card with the same number.

Ian
Old Jan 25th 2012, 2:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Are you allowed to be happy in your passport? I thought you had to be serious.
In the photo, you mean? I've got a huge smile on all my passport photos throughout the years, was never a problem.

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2012, 2:18 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding a), in theory.

While it is a government issued ID and should be ok for domestic air travel, I can see some minimum wage TSA burger flipper not accepting it saying it is valid only for land and sea travel (which is strictly true, you can't fly to Mexico with it).
AFAIK, the Real ID Act means that your AZ driver license is not an acceptable identification document at the federal level. However, since most states have ignored Real ID, DHS keep pushing back the deadline for implementation of this rule. It will certainly be interesting if you can't get through the TSA's groping barrier at Sky Harbor with a local license.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 5:29 pm
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

Chicago's DMV got back to me by email, much to my surprise:

"Dear Ms. _______, Thank you for your inquiry. You do not have to do anything in regards to your driver's license. If you have any additional questions, please contact our office. Thank you."

Also, thanks for suggesting going to the SS office before requesting the passport. I was going to do it the other way around.

Sure we're allowed to smile for the passport photo? I like to smile, but I got ordered to be serious on all those biometric appointments, now I'm scared to be in a good mood, even.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 5:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bequibar
Sure we're allowed to smile for the passport photo? I like to smile, but I got ordered to be serious on all those biometric appointments, now I'm scared to be in a good mood, even.
Different agencies, so different "rules". I always smile with my teeth showing and it's been fine. My newly-minted USC husband, for his first US passport, is smiling with his mouth closed, and it was fine. I just noticed, both our passport pics look very much like my current avatar!! LOL

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2012, 5:55 pm
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Different agencies, so different "rules". I always smile with my teeth showing and it's been fine. My newly-minted USC husband, for his first US passport, is smiling with his mouth closed, and it was fine. I just noticed, both our passport pics look very much like my current avatar!! LOL

Rene
That's cute
Old Jan 26th 2012, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Are you going to get the twee little passport card as well? You'll feel bare without your GC, so you could look on it as a substitute.
Fatbrit, that's exactly why i got the passport card as well LOL
Old Jan 26th 2012, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding a), in theory.

Sir_eccles why are you saying minimum wage?
Old Jan 26th 2012, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
Sir_eccles why are you saying minimum wage?
Just bad mouthing the TSA.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

ELAINECHRISTMAS is an unknown quantity at this point

hold on, why are you changing your SSN (which I assume means Social Security)? Do I have to do that when I become a fully fledged American?
Oh no. OH NO.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by ELAINECHRISTMAS
hold on, why are you changing your SSN (which I assume means Social Security)? Do I have to do that when I become a fully fledged American?
Oh no. OH NO.
They aren't changing their SS Number. They are just going in person to show the naturalization certificate so SS can updat their records to show that you are now a USC and not a PR anymore, so you can get some benefits that are only for USC's. You keep the same number.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.