Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Over 3 Years and still in Scotland

Over 3 Years and still in Scotland

Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Over 3 Years and still in Scotland

Originally Posted by framac67
Am gonny make a prediction and its see by the time we win 4 in a row, you'll no be there tae see o the Tims gloating and cheering and dancing and singing and did a say gloating. Good luck mate. It'll o be worth it in the end. PS. The wife n weans are having a ball n am o sunburned. Lifes a bitch.
I luv it!Ah widny count they chickens joost yet if recent events in the league are anything to go by and especially wi the 'Big Haddy' you've got in goals! I remember 2 minutes to go to yooz winnin the league and last season when yooz gave up wi 7 games left and look whit happened, stranger things eh? Maybe I might joost sell the hoose efter aw?

Keep Believing!

Lone Ranger
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jackhigh
I think what kev747 is trying to say is that for some, like myself, we actually had a better lifestyle/quality of life back in the UK so just how long are you prepared to 'give it a go' here? knowing that life was better back home. I could wait here another 2 years but I know that I will never be happy here.
Life's too short to hang around somewhere where you're not happy IMO

Many folk will stick around and overcome their initial 'homesickness' and go on to live happily here and I'd be the first to congratulate them, but for many they know in their heart of hearts that they will never settle here so why continue to live an unhappy exsistance. I cant understand those who stay but have to go on anti-depressants to continue living here. Thats no way to live your life.

All the best with your move and new life in Oz
Everyone's different with a different tale to tell, that's life. If your heart's not in it then all the very best in whatever you decide and do in the future. You are 100% correct, life is too short and for many people its better the devil they know.

The UK has changed quite a bit in the last 10 - 15 years and I don't think there is a lot to look forward to for many of us in the UK particularly our children hence the reason why emigration numbers at at their highest!

As for the anti-depressants they are handing them out like sweets back here in the UK

All the best to you

Lone Ranger
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
Have already arranged to go to Celtic v Falkirk on 14th March.Fly home on 9th
Sing wan fae me Kev. A feel wan coming on. Low lie the fields of...........
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
Sing wan fae me Kev. A feel wan coming on. Low lie the fields of...........
Will do
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:20 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

I too just want to wish you good luck with the house selling, it took us 15 months to sell ours so know how your feeling.

it is like living in limbo, only advice i'd give is just try to live life to the full whist waiting, we spent far too much time thinking of getting to Australia and putting things on hold instead of just getting on with life. so if you need the new van, stuff for the house etc go for it you can always sell them or bring stuff with you.

my oh is also a carpenter and had his own business in the UK, so also know where your coming from with making decisions on work projects.

Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Possums
I too just want to wish you good luck with the house selling, it took us 15 months to sell ours so know how your feeling.

it is like living in limbo, only advice i'd give is just try to live life to the full whist waiting, we spent far too much time thinking of getting to Australia and putting things on hold instead of just getting on with life. so if you need the new van, stuff for the house etc go for it you can always sell them or bring stuff with you.

my oh is also a carpenter and had his own business in the UK, so also know where your coming from with making decisions on work projects.

Thanks Possums

We are doing just that! Looking to upgrade van at the moment and getting new TV etc and will deal with the house sale when it happens. As for work I have just sent out a mailshot to all my existing and previous clients letting them know that it is 'Business as Usual' and we will wind down the work / business side of things when we get the house sold. We are optimistic that this will be the year that we finally make the move.

Hope things are going to plan for you and that your OH has plenty of work on.

Best Wishes

Lone Ranger
Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:36 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Thanks Possums

We are doing just that! Looking to upgrade van at the moment and getting new TV etc and will deal with the house sale when it happens. As for work I have just sent out a mailshot to all my existing and previous clients letting them know that it is 'Business as Usual' and we will wind down the work / business side of things when we get the house sold. We are optimistic that this will be the year that we finally make the move.

Hope things are going to plan for you and that your OH has plenty of work on.

Best Wishes

Lone Ranger
ha there you go and you will find that when you start living, things will happen

my OH is happy as a pig in muck he's working in a boat yard fitting out boats, he loves it was his dream job
Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Possums
ha there you go and you will find that when you start living, things will happen

my OH is happy as a pig in muck he's working in a boat yard fitting out boats, he loves it was his dream job
Boatbuilding! There's a blast from the past. I served my apprenticeship in a shipyard and part of my work at college was yacht and boatbuilding, however, I quickly moved into Building and Construction and have never regretted it although the shipbuilding gave me a great grounding that has stood me well!

Good to see he's living the dream
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:39 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Hey John, I can't belive you are still waiting to sell. It's a nightmare !! Our old neighbours from Scotland are still trying to sell their house after 11 months and it's identical to the one we sold in 1 day 2 years ago. I'll keep everything crossed that you guys get sold soon and are here for next summer

Actually, Sandra and I were just reminiscing the other day and wondering how Stella is. Please say hi to her from us
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by herrchook
Hey John, I can't belive you are still waiting to sell. It's a nightmare !! Our old neighbours from Scotland are still trying to sell their house after 11 months and it's identical to the one we sold in 1 day 2 years ago. I'll keep everything crossed that you guys get sold soon and are here for next summer

Actually, Sandra and I were just reminiscing the other day and wondering how Stella is. Please say hi to her from us
Hi Gill

Good to hear from you, the estate agent called us today to tell us we have got a viewer tonight so here's hoping! How are you getting on? How are things going with Mike's new job?

Stella is fine and says hello to you and Sandra. I think you all got out at the right time! Hopefully we will have some good news to post shortly.

John & Stella

PS say Hi to Sandra, Jim & Girls for us and tell them to let us know how they are getting on.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 3:38 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gill

Good to hear from you, the estate agent called us today to tell us we have got a viewer tonight so here's hoping! How are you getting on? How are things going with Mike's new job?

Stella is fine and says hello to you and Sandra. I think you all got out at the right time! Hopefully we will have some good news to post shortly.

John & Stella

PS say Hi to Sandra, Jim & Girls for us and tell them to let us know how they are getting on.
Everything's going great here. Mike's new job is going really well and he's loving working from home. I think you're right though, we got out just at the right time

I'm actually taking Nicole to the cinema tonight (for a sneaky 2nd viewing of Twilight lol) so will make sure to tell Sandra to drop you a line.

Fingers crossed for that viewing

Gill
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by herrchook
Everything's going great here. Mike's new job is going really well and he's loving working from home. I think you're right though, we got out just at the right time

I'm actually taking Nicole to the cinema tonight (for a sneaky 2nd viewing of Twilight lol) so will make sure to tell Sandra to drop you a line.

Fingers crossed for that viewing

Gill
January viewing came to nothing! Better news from estate agent as we have a viewer tonight and one tomorrow night so the market is showing signs of picking up so we may be out sometime soon, here's hoping.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 10:48 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

January viewing came to nothing! Better news from estate agent as we have a viewer tonight and one tomorrow night so the market is showing signs of picking up so we may be out sometime soon, here's hoping.
Mate I think you deserve a change in luck, lets hope you get some good news really soon !
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brisben
Mate I think you deserve a change in luck, lets hope you get some good news really soon !
Thanks Brisben, viewing went well and they are coming back for another look at the weekend, we also have tonights viewing so things are looking up!

Lone Ranger
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:19 am
(^v^)

Thanks Brisben, viewing went well and they are coming back for another look at the weekend, we also have tonights viewing so things are looking up!

Lone Ranger
Hoped you were posting to say you'd sold, good luck has got to be on its way to you mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.