9 months in

Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

TakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond repute
Default 9 months in

Some of you may have wondered where I've been as I've been pretty quiet.? Well to cut a long story short I've been introduced to the wonders of the Oz healthcare system. I enjoy flying and was going out tp bankstown every weekend and then I had to get a medical - so sometime before December I went to get it. The doctor was a little worried about my balance and peripheral vision, so ordered up tests. After a dozen blood tests, a Ct and a MRI I was diagnosed with a pituitary gland tumour - this was removed successfully early February (through the nose I might add). my vision is slowly returning to normal and my balance has improved - but I'm on HRT for the rest of my life. So everything was going swimmingly till about 2 weeks ago - a routine follow up revealed odd blood counts - it now looks like a melanoma that I thought I'd beat some years ago has come back to haunt me. Anyway I'm still positive though getting poorer. The treatment I'm getting is first class but although the hospital is free, the gap I'm paying between what Medicare cover and what doctors and diagnostic tests are charging me is ridiculous. My work has been brilliant - allowing me to work from home mainly. I'm still glad we came but it's been tough being so I'll with all the family on the other side of the planet. On a much more upbeat note my daughter has almost passed her cert 111 in Childcare, my oldest daughter got engaged and has moved into a house wiu him (in Swindon but she did come out to see me fir the new year). Anyway my next update will be much more positive - I hope.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 9 months in

Hope things get better health wise
Here's to the future
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:42 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Hi James,

Sorry to hear about your health scares. Here's wishing you a full recovery.

Good to hear that things are calm with your family.

All the best for the future,

Paul
Old Mar 19th 2011, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Oh so very sorry to hear that you have been having such health issues & I fully understand how hard it can be to go through something like that in a system you are not familiar with & away from al your accustomed support networks.
Lots of luck to you in your fight with the melanoma & hope you are feeling much better soon
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:07 am

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very brave, well done.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Been and going through the ringer but you still sound positive so you get fit and well soon and able to fully enjoy yourself.