Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Turkey
Reload this Page >

moving from turkey

moving from turkey

Old Apr 21st 2011, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

suzieh is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile moving from turkey

hi everyone we are thinking of relocating to spain sometime this year ideally the Jaen area can anyone suggest a good agent to help us there are so many dont know where to look, i apologise in advance as i can imagine you all have been asked before for info, looking for a resale an older property (fixer upper) any thoughts many thanks
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: moving from turkey

my first bit of advice would be not to buy at the present time, put your money in the bank and rent for 12 months or so and make sure that the area you have picked is right for you, might be worth thinking about a rent with an option to buy property but in the present climate it is probably the safest option.

Have a look on sites like think spain and kyero to get an idea of what you can get for your money and what is on the market in both rental and purchase.

Good look with any move when it happens
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

What's wrong with Turkey?
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 7:34 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
What's wrong with Turkey?
Wondering the same, we have friends who have been living in Turkey since 2006 and they love it there. Would be interested to hear why you are considering moving to Spain
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Hi, may I ask why specifically Jaen? You have relatives there?
I second the initial renting (although 12 month seems a long time to me if you're set on buying, you'll realise if it's the right place long before that), then by word of mouth find the right property, you don't have to go through an agent if you're not in a rush.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 9:58 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ameliapond
Hi, may I ask why specifically Jaen? You have relatives there?
I second the initial renting (although 12 month seems a long time to me if you're set on buying, you'll realise if it's the right place long before that), then by word of mouth find the right property, you don't have to go through an agent if you're not in a rush.
we were set on buying over 7 years ago - & nearly did not long after we moved here

we're still renting - having moved around the town for various reasons over the years - which we couldn't have if we had bought - & I have posted before that the property we nearly bought would have been no good for our needs now

we have finally decided exactly where we want to be - and might actually buy the right property at the right price now
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lynnxa
we have finally decided exactly where we want to be - and might actually buy the right property at the right price now
Which for many of us is just about the best thing that can happen, good for you, if you've already decided I totally agree it makes no sense waiting/renting, house prices won't fall constantly, at least not the one you want, it never does. Good luck!
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 12:04 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ameliapond
Which for many of us is just about the best thing that can happen, good for you, if you've already decided I totally agree it makes no sense waiting/renting, house prices won't fall constantly, at least not the one you want, it never does. Good luck!
but it took us 7 years to decide!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 1:27 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
but it took us 7 years to decide!!!
The poor man is outnumbered 3 to 1 he does not stand a chance of a quick decision

Graham
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 1:40 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by The Oddities
The poor man is outnumbered 3 to 1 he does not stand a chance of a quick decision

Graham
not any more he isn't !!

my dad lives with us now

anyway - we agree on what we want

or should I say he agrees with me