Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

oilfield trucking company in lloydminster don`t go you have been warned

oilfield trucking company in lloydminster don`t go you have been warned

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: oilfield trucking company in lloydminster don`t go you have been warned

This is what I am a fraid off
It really F***s up my plans!
I thought I had everything in place and was just getting ready to get the ball rolling
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: oilfield trucking company in lloydminster don`t go you have been warned

Originally Posted by dinger24
This is what I am a fraid off
It really F***s up my plans!
I thought I had everything in place and was just getting ready to get the ball rolling
What are you fretting about,, Llyodminster is in the middle of no where, hardly any industry or anything for that matter,,,
its cut in two by the Alberta/ Sask border so not ya "normal" town,,, so what happens in lloydminster cannot be taken as typical, yes belts are being pulled tighter, but not to the point that you think,, keep working at coming here
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:08 am
Just Joined

theyoyokid is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the term they are using currently is waves of redundancies surely
That tells you the real story.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 5:27 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
What are you fretting about,, Llyodminster is in the middle of no where, hardly any industry or anything for that matter,,,
its cut in two by the Alberta/ Sask border so not ya "normal" town,,, so what happens in lloydminster cannot be taken as typical, yes belts are being pulled tighter, but not to the point that you think,, keep working at coming here
I think what really pisses people off here in Lloydminster is, the fact companies like bloody Hoffman's have lied to all its workers and being such a small town there are next to none other companies on the LMO and People were more or less bullied in to buying property. the people here were put up in accommodation by Hoffman's and then told the week or so after they had to get out as the next families were due over and the property they were in they had to leave. we all fell for that one and now we are all tied in to property, so you cant just up and leave to got look for work else where and when the dreaded company dont give you the full training (what in some cases a week) and health and safety is out the window and the guys are exspected to go out there and do a job they know nothing about. my OH was not told about the HR2 gas or any of the other hidden crap that Hoffman's forgot to tell the people about. if Hoffman's told the truth about what was involved in the job I know we would not have come here we would have waited until the right job did come up and yeah it might have taken a lot longer but we would never have come to Lloyd. the other part is when things do go wrong, there is no help or surport for families and thats why most have to walk away loosing every sodden thing they have. people have had to leave their homes things they brought over and cars. just getting on a flight back home with nothing but what they have in a bag. may be this will give more of a insight as to what is really happening here in Lloyd. you cant blame people for trying to hold on to what they have, only to come crashing down through companies like Hoffman's and that bloody lot just dont care what happens to the people and how some can sleep at night I will never know and if Hoffman's dont like what I am saying or the person WHO lied TUFF us lot could not tighten our belt any further than we have already, we are all running out of cash and fast and Hoffman's can try to shut me up but hell will freeze over first. my son has been trapped to this place for nearly a year now, thanks to the lies about the wages at Hoffman's. we were told yeah you will be able to get him into a day centre for the handicapped. what at $500 for 6 hours a week who are they bloody kidding, now we have to wait to see if my OH is safe in his new job that he is not long in and it has just about cost us every cent to stay here and until we get our PR my son can NOT go to a day centre. Hoffman's new we had a handicapped son and still they lied to us. we cant move to find other work we are tied and thats why Hoffman's went for families so they were tied. these families kids have sufferd as well and some are in tears at the thought of having to go back, so its not just couples who suffer its the kids as well. so Lloyd in a whole is not the place for anyone with a family if they have to be on the LMO. ok my rant about Hoffman's is over for now
kate
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate white
I think what really pisses people off here in Lloydminster is, the fact companies like bloody Hoffman's have lied to all its workers and being such a small town there are next to none other companies on the LMO and People were more or less bullied in to buying property. the people here were put up in accommodation by Hoffman's and then told the week or so after they had to get out as the next families were due over and the property they were in they had to leave. we all fell for that one and now we are all tied in to property, so you cant just up and leave to got look for work else where and when the dreaded company dont give you the full training (what in some cases a week) and health and safety is out the window and the guys are exspected to go out there and do a job they know nothing about. my OH was not told about the HR2 gas or any of the other hidden crap that Hoffman's forgot to tell the people about. if Hoffman's told the truth about what was involved in the job I know we would not have come here we would have waited until the right job did come up and yeah it might have taken a lot longer but we would never have come to Lloyd. the other part is when things do go wrong, there is no help or surport for families and thats why most have to walk away loosing every sodden thing they have. people have had to leave their homes things they brought over and cars. just getting on a flight back home with nothing but what they have in a bag. may be this will give more of a insight as to what is really happening here in Lloyd. you cant blame people for trying to hold on to what they have, only to come crashing down through companies like Hoffman's and that bloody lot just dont care what happens to the people and how some can sleep at night I will never know and if Hoffman's dont like what I am saying or the person WHO lied TUFF us lot could not tighten our belt any further than we have already, we are all running out of cash and fast and Hoffman's can try to shut me up but hell will freeze over first. my son has been trapped to this place for nearly a year now, thanks to the lies about the wages at Hoffman's. we were told yeah you will be able to get him into a day centre for the handicapped. what at $500 for 6 hours a week who are they bloody kidding, now we have to wait to see if my OH is safe in his new job that he is not long in and it has just about cost us every cent to stay here and until we get our PR my son can NOT go to a day centre. Hoffman's new we had a handicapped son and still they lied to us. we cant move to find other work we are tied and thats why Hoffman's went for families so they were tied. these families kids have sufferd as well and some are in tears at the thought of having to go back, so its not just couples who suffer its the kids as well. so Lloyd in a whole is not the place for anyone with a family if they have to be on the LMO. ok my rant about Hoffman's is over for now
kate
have none off you contacted the Service Canada about what they are doing
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Kate
That sounds really hard for you and your family, I hope it works out for you!

Gremmie
Again thanks for the pointer
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

daz and jac is an unknown quantity at this point

you get told that after 6 month`s when you have pnp you can get your wife an open permit but when you do all the paper work it`s more like a year. one guy got fed up of waiting for a new permit for himself and his wife so he drove down to coutts to get another one with pnp certificate and lmo in hand only to be told you can`t have one the lmo as run out so they tore the permit he had as it was expired. he was let back in as a visitor but must leave by july09 he went to hoffmans and told them that the lmo as expired they need to renew this they told him not to worry as john or dave will sort it out (the same person by the way but he as 2 names) he was called back in the next day to be told your fired you haven`t a work permit. he then went to service canada and was told you can claim unemployment benifit but you need your record of service so he went back to hoffmans and asked for it but they put on the form he quit anyhow service canada know what`s been going on and we now believe they have now lost the pnp status.this guy is now stuck as his son can`t go to school anymore and he`s trying to get other work.
So as you can see they are a really good company NOT so you have been warned do not go to this company they are others out there but these are the worst we believe.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by daz and jac
you get told that after 6 month`s when you have pnp you can get your wife an open permit but when you do all the paper work it`s more like a year. one guy got fed up of waiting for a new permit for himself and his wife so he drove down to coutts to get another one with pnp certificate and lmo in hand only to be told you can`t have one the lmo as run out so they tore the permit he had as it was expired. he was let back in as a visitor but must leave by july09 he went to hoffmans and told them that the lmo as expired they need to renew this they told him not to worry as john or dave will sort it out (the same person by the way but he as 2 names) he was called back in the next day to be told your fired you haven`t a work permit. he then went to service canada and was told you can claim unemployment benifit but you need your record of service so he went back to hoffmans and asked for it but they put on the form he quit anyhow service canada know what`s been going on and we now believe they have now lost the pnp status.this guy is now stuck as his son can`t go to school anymore and he`s trying to get other work.
So as you can see they are a really good company NOT so you have been warned do not go to this company they are others out there but these are the worst we believe.
I thought you two got your PR last year some time...
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

daz and jac is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought you two got your PR last year some time...
yes we did get our pr. But just saying they tell you at 6month`s you can get a permit for your spouse but it`s more like a year after all the paperwork
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:25 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

have none off you contacted the Service Canada about what they are doing
heck I have been trying to call the number oF OMBUDSMAN who are supose to be there to help people like us and foreign workers hot line but bugger if I can get through I think its because we dont have a land line man that sucks and I have been face stuck in the phone book all flippin morning and coming up with 0 so here are the numbers just encase anyone else wants to try them

OMBUDSMAN 800-667-9787
Foreign workers hot line 877-427-6419

another thing Hoffman's do is charge rent for the people they bring over, and if anyone is interrested Angela Regama has a booklet where it clearly states thats against the law along with the other rules Hoffman's broke
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:28 pm
Lloydminster AB

Originally Posted by dinger24
Kate
That sounds really hard for you and your family, I hope it works out for you!

Gremmie
Again thanks for the pointer
not as rough as some have had it and I hope this time Hoffman's get theirs for leaving so many in shit street
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

heck I have been trying to call the number oF OMBUDSMAN who are supose to be there to help people like us and foreign workers hot line but bugger if I can get through I think its because we dont have a land line man that sucks and I have been face stuck in the phone book all flippin morning and coming up with 0 so here are the numbers just encase anyone else wants to try them

OMBUDSMAN 800-667-9787
Foreign workers hot line 877-427-6419

another thing Hoffman's do is charge rent for the people they bring over, and if anyone is interrested Angela Regama has a booklet where it clearly states thats against the law along with the other rules Hoffman's broke
May be call a TV network or radio station,,
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:40 pm
Lloydminster AB

May be call a TV network or radio station,,
I did try to get it put in the booster, but yet again nobody here wants to know not a thing was printed
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:45 pm
Lloydminster AB

Originally Posted by daz and jac
yes we did get our pr. But just saying they tell you at 6month`s you can get a permit for your spouse but it`s more like a year after all the paperwork
yeah we were told that as well and our 17 year old (next month) wants to get work to build up some pocket money, but he cant as he has to wait as well along with everyone else as even the kids need a N/S number or so we are told
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

yeah we were told that as well and our 17 year old (next month) wants to get work to build up some pocket money, but he cant as he has to wait as well along with everyone else as even the kids need a N/S number or so we are told
Just tried to read your blog kate, but the colours, yellow text on purpell back ground made my eyes go fuzzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.