Just Joined

Neil1x is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMO companies

Originally Posted by neilcumming
You going to H&R too?
No I'm on AoK trucking in Hartland NB
Old Jun 7th 2014, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice

Originally Posted by Neil1x
take a look at truckincanada co uk they have sorted me with lmo, job, training, accommodation, and flights. Basically the whole package
hi Neil, a lot of people on here say the east coast of Canada is the worst payers? and that you have the worst traffic to get through down the east coast of America? also is truck in Canada charging you for this service?
any information on the above and who your gonna be working for would be great thanks.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by grant r
hi Neil, a lot of people on here say the east coast of Canada is the worst payers? and that you have the worst traffic to get through down the east coast of America? also is truck in Canada charging you for this service?
any information on the above and who your gonna be working for would be great thanks.
Hi grant
Yes east coast does pay less in general I'm on 33cpm Canada 37 us, traffic is traffic no matter where you are but when your going to California then back up the west coast it doesn't matter too much. Yes they charge £3000 but when you factor in your flights, training, and all the admin I thought it wasn't a bad deal and at the end of the day I thought it was money well spent. That's my opinion I don't want to sway anybody one way or the other it each persons circumstances that makes it good or bad. Hope that helps if I can shed more light ask and I'll do my best. Good luck
Old Jun 7th 2014, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi grant
Yes east coast does pay less in general I'm on 33cpm Canada 37 us, traffic is traffic no matter where you are but when your going to California then back up the west coast it doesn't matter too much. Yes they charge £3000 but when you factor in your flights, training, and all the admin I thought it wasn't a bad deal and at the end of the day I thought it was money well spent. That's my opinion I don't want to sway anybody one way or the other it each persons circumstances that makes it good or bad. Hope that helps if I can shed more light ask and I'll do my best. Good luck
Any employer that hires you on an LMO HAS TO PAY YOUR FLIGHT FROM UK TO CANADA AND PROVIDE A RETURN TICKET TOO... said employer also has to provide accommodation and training so why pay some agency 3000 quid.. dont be lazy do your research and do the job properly..
Old Jun 7th 2014, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi grant
33 & 37cpm is terrible pay, I don't know your circumstances but if you're coming over alone and living in the truck, you might be able to survive or if you're bringing family over you better have a lot of capital to back you up because a family just will not be able to live on that money.
Apart from Ayr Motors money, this is the lowest pay I've heard in a very long time. By the time you take all the unpaid work you will be doing into consideration you will be around the minimum wage mark.
And as for paying them 3000 pounds, this is just crazy, sorry for being blunt but I'm afraid you may need that return flight.
You should have researched this a little more.
On their website they say you get 2500 - 2800 miles a week, even that is crap, my advice for what it's worth is have a rethink on this company and do more research.

Just read on another site that you're already there, best of luck and if it does go tits up, just look for another company, preferably away from the east coast.

Last edited by neilg14; Jun 7th 2014 at 11:48 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

truckincanada.co.uk sounds like UK agency.They banned this type of agency recruitment fees in Manitoba ,they was too much rip-offs ,the drivers werent supposed to pay anything.Oh well you have paid the money now,good luck with the new job and welcome to Canada.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilg14
33 & 37cpm is terrible pay, I don't know your circumstances but if you're coming over alone and living in the truck, you might be able to survive or if you're bringing family over you better have a lot of capital to back you up because a family just will not be able to live on that money.
Apart from Ayr Motors money, this is the lowest pay I've heard in a very long time. By the time you take all the unpaid work you will be doing into consideration you will be around the minimum wage mark.
And as for paying them 3000 pounds, this is just crazy, sorry for being blunt but I'm afraid you may need that return flight.
You should have researched this a little more.
On their website they say you get 2500 - 2800 miles a week, even that is crap, my advice for what it's worth is have a rethink on this company and do more research.

Just read on another site that you're already there, best of luck and if it does go tits up, just look for another company, preferably away from the east coast.
There's a mug born every minute
Old Jun 8th 2014, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilcumming
truckincanada.co.uk sounds like UK agency.They banned this type of agency recruitment fees in Manitoba ,they was too much rip-offs ,the drivers werent supposed to pay anything.Oh well you have paid the money now,good luck with the new job and welcome to Canada.
Looking at their website, it looks like Truckincanada was borne out of 3 Canadian companies with an English recruiter, (that knows it all) apparently, well he knows how to take people's money and probably spins a good yarn, I hope the OP comes back and tells it like it is in the not too distant.
As for 3000GBP or $5452, how the hell can they justify that ?
Old Jun 8th 2014, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gremmie
There's a mug born every minute
Looks like it.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilg14
Looking at their website, it looks like Truckincanada was borne out of 3 Canadian companies with an English recruiter, (that knows it all) apparently, well he knows how to take people's money and probably spins a good yarn, I hope the OP comes back and tells it like it is in the not too distant.
As for 3000GBP or $5452, how the hell can they justify that ?
Neil,Bison were charging at one time foreign drivers $10,000 in Winnipeg for LMOs ,MB PNP application,PR application ,training etc ,all done through "immigration lawyers" sometimes known as crooks.It was all illegal of course and the MB Labour Board put a stop to it.It now sounds to me theses crooks are doing the business over in UK to get around it.As I said the OP has paid his money now, not much he can do about it,just have to try and warn people not to pay anything.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Too many Neils on here , gets confusing
Highlights the need for proper homework prior to taking the plunge , some guys at my original company paid $7500 , for what exactly ?????
Did it all ourselves without much trouble , biggest inconvenience was the trip to the Canadian Embassy at stupid oclock to get our visas . Knew you could do it at POE but wanted to make sure everything was dotted and crossed before leaving with the wife , two children , a container at sea , and a German Shepherd on the following flight .
Old Jun 9th 2014, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

I went to a TransX seminar in, I think, early summer "06" in Manchester and we went through all the spiel, then we had a coffee break and some of us were chatting together ready to sign on the dotted line, the meeting started again with it's only going to cost you GBP6000.
They might as well have shouted "Fire" the speed everybody headed for the door.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thats funny about the Transx ,the other Neil lol.I spoke to one of these "lawyers" (or liers) in 2007 ,they wanted $8000 at the time ,I could smell the bs on the phone reciever!I blame Canadian goverment for letting it happen, they should have a better recruitment system in place and not leave it up to these cowboys!
Old Jun 9th 2014, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Too many Neils on here , gets confusing
Highlights the need for proper homework prior to taking the plunge , some guys at my original company paid $7500 , for what exactly ?????
Did it all ourselves without much trouble , biggest inconvenience was the trip to the Canadian Embassy at stupid oclock to get our visas . Knew you could do it at POE but wanted to make sure everything was dotted and crossed before leaving with the wife , two children , a container at sea , and a German Shepherd on the following flight .
To all the guys that are knocking this system
what did it actually cost you? And how long did it take you?
Something I didn't add is that I get loyalty bonus so after 1st 6 months get $500 back after 12 months get another $500 after 24 months get $1000 so receive total of $2000 of my outlay back if I stay 2 years. I know your going to be thinking " that's if he makes it that long" it's been said before and yes I know there is a large drop out percentage but please don't tar me with others failure
You did it your way I did it mine
Btw thanks for the warm welcome to Canada guys
Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

To all the guys that are knocking this system
what did it actually cost you? And how long did it take you?
Something I didn't add is that I get loyalty bonus so after 1st 6 months get $500 back after 12 months get another $500 after 24 months get $1000 so receive total of $2000 of my outlay back if I stay 2 years. I know your going to be thinking " that's if he makes it that long" it's been said before and yes I know there is a large drop out percentage but please don't tar me with others failure
You did it your way I did it mine
Btw thanks for the warm welcome to Canada guys
It cost me zilch, EVERYTHING was paid for, flights, hotel, food, taxis, medicals.
The company paid for my training, I paid it back to them over 9 weeks IIRC, then claimed about 85% of that back again on my taxes.
The only money I paid out was for licence exchange and obviously personal things.
As for tarring you the same as other drivers, that is crap, it isn't that they are failures, you don't understand yet, how crap those wages are that you have quoted, that's why there is a big drop out rate, like I said, you can always cut your losses and move on to a half decent company when you realise this and there are plenty of people that will help you.
Best of luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.