LMO companies

Old Aug 7th 2014, 4:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO companies

Originally Posted by rednaxela
I've been in contact with a few trucking companies that openly proclaim to recruit foreign drivers. If (big if) you can reach them on the phone they tell you to talk this or that immigration 'consultant'. No ifs, no buts, you have to talk to these people.

Then these 'consultants' tell you they would love to sign you up. All it will cost is $5000.
In which case, I'd point out to them that you don't need an immigration consultant. The employer has to apply for the LMIA anyway, and if they need help with the app, it's up to them to pay for it. And the TWP most people would just get at the airport, so why on earth would you pay an immi consultant when they'd have absolutely nothing to do for you?!?

If they're really saying you *have* to use an immi consultant, then I'd report them.
Old Aug 21st 2014, 1:07 am
Just Joined

kaiwan2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone I am truck driver from uk looking to find trucking company to hire but so far no luck due to luck of experience's as I only have over a year . das any one knows any company will hire driver from over seas with couple of years experience
Old Aug 21st 2014, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaiwan2013
hi everyone I am truck driver from uk looking to find trucking company to hire but so far no luck due to luck of experience's as I only have over a year . das any one knows any company will hire driver from over seas with couple of years experience
First you say just over 1 year then a couple of years, which is it ?
Generally companies are asking for 5 years experience now, but not all.
Old Aug 21st 2014, 3:59 am
Just Joined

its over a year I hear few companies out there that hire drives with less excpirance .but I haven't had any luck so far ,, I was thinking to go there and knock few doors see if I get lucky
Old Aug 21st 2014, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to do some research on which companies have LMIA's available first.
Then call them and ask how much experience you need.
Have you been to Canada before ?
Where do you want to live ?
Old Aug 21st 2014, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by neilg14
You need to do some research on which companies have LMIA's available first.
Then call them and ask how much experience you need.
Have you been to Canada before ?
Where do you want to live ?
i pefer bc but really dont care where in canada as long as i get to work there n move out of this place and no not been to canada yet .im goin to US soon to try it out
Old Aug 21st 2014, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Troll ? Certainly not a driver to be welcomed onto the roads here . See ya
Old Aug 21st 2014, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 1:35 am
Just Joined

upandatem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neilcumming
truckincanada.co.uk sounds like UK agency.They banned this type of agency recruitment fees in Manitoba ,they was too much rip-offs ,the drivers werent supposed to pay anything.Oh well you have paid the money now,good luck with the new job and welcome to Canada.

Youy have to pay for your training with H&R accordng to some muppet called lyndon..
Old Sep 11th 2014, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by upandatem
Youy have to pay for your training with H&R accordng to some muppet called lyndon..
You have always had to pay your own training with H&R, then claim about 85% back on your taxes.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

yes ,I think H&R take the payments out of your wages bi-weekly,I got a mate just started come over from UK I will check with him
Old Sep 12th 2014, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

yes ,I think H&R take the payments out of your wages bi-weekly,I got a mate just started come over from UK I will check with him
Yes, they pay for the training, then you pay it back over a mutually agreeable amount of time after the paychecks start coming in not necessarily bi-weekly.
Then claim about 85% back in your first rebate.
That's how it use to work.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, they pay for the training, then you pay it back over a mutually agreeable amount of time after the paychecks start coming in not necessarily bi-weekly.
Then claim about 85% back in your first rebate.
That's how it use to work.
At least you get some of it back.The driver I know ,Kenny who just started with them ,hes not sure about H&R if they are good to work with,he has hunt down places where they want you fuel up.Talked to another of their drivers on thurs in Winnipeg yard,hes not happy with them ,talked about leaving soon not payers.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

At least you get some of it back.The driver I know ,Kenny who just started with them ,hes not sure about H&R if they are good to work with,he has hunt down places where they want you fuel up.Talked to another of their drivers on thurs in Winnipeg yard,hes not happy with them ,talked about leaving soon not payers.
I did 3 yrs long haul with them and did ok.
The fuelling is a pain sometimes when they changed garages after you've planned where you're going to fuel on that trip and their trucks only have small tanks.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

I did 3 yrs long haul with them and did ok.
The fuelling is a pain sometimes when they changed garages after you've planned where you're going to fuel on that trip and their trucks only have small tanks.
I couldnt be bothered with that,hes says he has go to Esso or Exxon I think,I fuel at FJ or Pilot they got the best showers and I use the rewards card so your not paying for showers,wifi or coffee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.