Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:20 pm
PREPARED

pete d is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H&R Interviews........

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Some of us still dont know what happend to this guy
NONE OF THE BELOW IS MY PERSONAL OPINION
OK here goes
This bloke named keith seen a advert in truckstop news for h&r so he sent them his cv. In his words they expressed an interest and gave him an pre-interveiw over the phone.
Kieth had never been to canada but undettered he and his girlfriend went to vegas to get wed and decided to pop up to lethbridge while across the pond.
He took with him an impressive pile of references and documents, when he got to lethbridge he stayed with an ex brit driver steve.
According to kieth he was told to expect 10,000 miles's a month out for 20 days home for 3-4 then out for 10.
So far so good.
A couple of days later keith was called for a formal interview with David Fodder from the family that own H&R, at this stage keith reckons H&R knew everything about him- most of it sent over to them before his arrival.
imagine his surprise when a couple of days later he rang H&R to be told "sorry but they couldn't offer him a position"
the reasons given, he lacked experiance even though he'd done 7 years tramping,
hadn't been away from home for long periods and was recently married.
according to kieth they knew all this before he went for the interview.
so despite taking every care and traveling thousands of miles on a fruitless quest he's now back in the uk working for a very well known transport company.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Yeah what he said! ^^ lol

Still, i stand by my point. May not have been so fruitless if he tried a few more companies
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete d
NONE OF THE BELOW IS MY PERSONAL OPINION
OK here goes
This bloke named keith seen a advert in truckstop news for h&r so he sent them his cv. In his words they expressed an interest and gave him an pre-interveiw over the phone.
Kieth had never been to canada but undettered he and his girlfriend went to vegas to get wed and decided to pop up to lethbridge while across the pond.
He took with him an impressive pile of references and documents, when he got to lethbridge he stayed with an ex brit driver steve.
According to kieth he was told to expect 10,000 miles's a month out for 20 days home for 3-4 then out for 10.
So far so good.
A couple of days later keith was called for a formal interview with David Fodder from the family that own H&R, at this stage keith reckons H&R knew everything about him- most of it sent over to them before his arrival.
imagine his surprise when a couple of days later he rang H&R to be told "sorry but they couldn't offer him a position"
the reasons given, he lacked experiance even though he'd done 7 years tramping,
hadn't been away from home for long periods and was recently married.
according to kieth they knew all this before he went for the interview.
so despite taking every care and traveling thousands of miles on a fruitless quest he's now back in the uk working for a very well known transport company.
Does seem that he got a bit of a rum deal here,or maybe a lack of communication some where along the line !!!!!!!! maybe other hopefuls will go better prepared and ask the right Q's before they get as far as he did,???
Old Nov 4th 2007, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Its not very often I stick up for an OTR company but:

The guy has just got married for the second time literally,he has a kid back home in the UK from his first marriage.
H+R don't even know if his recent bride will be happy him being away with Stobarts Mon to Fri let alone the questions I put in my second post in this thread.
Going to see H+R on his "honeymoon" reeks of desperation to me!!!!!
Old Nov 4th 2007, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

now thats £5 for the translation
Plus VAT
Old Nov 4th 2007, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by koogar
I've heard of British taxi drivers going for an interview in Canada before telling the company "I don't actually have an HGV licence, but I'm sure I could do it if you'd be willing to give me a chance."
I think somebody from Yanke might be able to answer that as according to a post on the "wages" thread that said taxi driver got threw the tests and was actually trying to drive team OTR!!!!
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:03 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
I think somebody from Yanke might be able to answer that as according to a post on the "wages" thread that said taxi driver got threw the tests and was actually trying to drive team OTR!!!!
Oh, ok. That's 2 companies it's happened with then.
The other one told them to **** off home
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:20 pm
PREPARED

pete d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Its not very often I stick up for an OTR company but:

The guy has just got married for the second time literally,he has a kid back home in the UK from his first marriage.
H+R don't even know if his recent bride will be happy him being away with Stobarts Mon to Fri let alone the questions I put in my second post in this thread.
Going to see H+R on his "honeymoon" reeks of desperation to me!!!!!

I NEVER THOUGHT I'D HEAR MYSELF SAY THIS BUT I AGREE WITH BT

Last edited by pete d; Nov 4th 2007 at 4:45 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

I NEVER THOUGHT I'D HEAR MYSELF SAY THIS BUT I AGREE WITH BT
It does leave a horrible taste in the mouth... eh
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:59 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
It does leave a horrible taste in the mouth... eh
well, stop suckin your toes then
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

hi,i have just read the article in truck&driver,i cannot see what all the fuss he is making here,he went for a job at a company and didnt get it, so what.
this has happened to me several times during my life,i didnt go shouting to the truck&driver,anyway its only a 1000 miles of boring road from vegas to lethbridge,must have been a great honeymoon.its dave foders choice if he wants you or thinks your up to the job and the life in canada.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by meritor
hi,i have just read the article in truck&driver,i cannot see what all the fuss he is making here,he went for a job at a company and didnt get it, so what.
this has happened to me several times during my life,i didnt go shouting to the truck&driver,anyway its only a 1000 miles of boring road from vegas to lethbridge,must have been a great honeymoon.its dave foders choice if he wants you or thinks your up to the job and the life in canada.
Spoken like a true H&R man
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

i wouldnt say true h&r man.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by meritor
i wouldnt say true h&r man.
Hi welcome to BE,,were ya from,or were ya heading??
Old Nov 5th 2007, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

oh thanks nice to be here with ya.

yorkshire/lethbridge. and thats true

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.