H and R

Old Oct 27th 2011, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough
Default Re: H and R

Originally Posted by berkoboy
met up with an expat with H&R at the Husky in Dryden, says he can't wait to get his PR and leave them. One question that was raised tho. Does anyone on here as a foreign worker get a basic wage. I do, if you don't get the miles, there fault, and you are available for work I get 40 hours at city rate. Is it just my company, an Ontario thing , Provincial or Federal. It's in our contracts that a foreign worker must be on a wage!
Someone will correct me If i'm wrong but as far as I'm aware its illegal to differentiate wages between Canadian and 'foreign' workers!
Old Oct 27th 2011, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

We had a similar set up at Prudhomme,there was a minimum wage,can't remember the exact details though,and don't recall anyone ever receiving it.
I never chased the miles and would sneak extra time at home when possible and still got over minimum,it must've been very low.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by koogar
So, who's hiring up there these days?

THESE ARE

http://www.waltertrucking.com/
Old Dec 14th 2011, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

wiganfem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ANNASHEP
Am so sorry your hubby didn't get it. We haven't heard anything yet, am really starting to worry, they told him if he was to start it could be in November, times getting short and just want to know one way or the other. if you want to chat pm me.
Hi

I am just wondering if your husband got on with H and R and if he is there yet, or if in fact you are, i tried to pm you but it wouldnt allow
Old Dec 14th 2011, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

the contract you signed for say a 2yr TWP must say what the minimum wage you get per month.....if i remember it was $3500...during the first 3mnths $4kish for rest o contract.(MB. contract 07)
big but imo if you have a realy bad month and you dont make the min amount you might be better *to suck it up buttercup* than try to make certain firms pay up.....ok its not right but remember you play by canadian rules *youre not in kansas anymore*
Old Feb 13th 2012, 11:12 am
Just Joined

podtrucker1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there, i am new to the site but joined through one of your previous posts and was hoping you would be able to give some advice on moving to canada truck driving. all advice greatly appreciated
many thanks
andrew willcox
Old Feb 20th 2012, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Please bear in mind that I am driving as a broker, and as a slip seater so I do one week on and one week off. As it is not company there are differences, same as the fact that we slip seat so HOS rules are very different.

H&R are, regardless of what you may get told, no different to any other big firm anywhere in the world. They have the qualcomm and are really anal about sending the messages in order and on time. They also are real sticklers about paperwork being sent in on time. If it isn't then you wait for payment. Two weeks ago I missed the collection time from a Fedex box and, as a direct result, missed getting paid for a trip for a week.

The messages will drive you potty. You have to send your dailies before 9am. For me, that rarely happens because I tend to work late and start late. They are getting used to that now so I don't get hassled as much. They also do, as has been said many times, sit you for daylight hours and expect you to run through the night sometimes. Make no bones about it, they are in the business to make money and they will use drivers that make them money and park drivers that don't.

If you screw up they will be onto you on the satellite like a rash. You have to suck it up. A screw up is a screw up whether on the phone, face to face or on the satellite. BUT!! If it is their mistake then they will just stop sendng messages once they twig on. If you expect an apology you will be disappointed. Their silence and the next job assignment is as good as you can expect. and they are people same as us so you have to expect stupidity from them the same as they must from us.

Another thing that will drive you mad is their fuel policy. You have to fuel where they tell you too, and they change it at least twice a week. But they have cards up the wazoo and you will always be able to get fuel. On the plus side, they usually know if a station has run dry or is closed and will tell you. They have the back up as well. A breakdown is generally addressed as fast as possible, although this is North America and dealers can be asses as well.

This is the long and short as far as I can see, and anyone that knows me should admit that I am no company lackey. If you work they will work you. If you complain they will ignore you. If you try hard to get things right they will forgive you if you get them wrong at times. If you are right in a dispute they will let it slide. If not, but you continue to bicker, they will just get the hump and you will sit a while to cool down. They are a big firm, and they do have a certain amount of clout. And if they don't then the customers do.

Is any job cast iron good or bad? No, it isn't. I lasted longer than most at BFS because they left me alone for a long time. H&R are letting me get on with it, they are getting to know that if I say it will happen then it will. That is what you have to prove to them. If you do, they will let you get on with it and will keep you going.

I know there are some will tell you different horror stories. If you are a prima donna that feels everything has to be a certain way then you will be bound for disappointment, but that is not only with H&R, that is any firm.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bobthedog
They also do, as has been said many times, sit you for daylight hours and expect you to run through the night sometimes.
Which is why maybe one of the H&R bloggers stupidly admits (on his blog) to running two log books, both out of hours! , and why he was about to start a third to get a job done!

As long as you think it's ok to be fooked about all day then sent 13hrs over the rock when you eventually get the promised (all day long) trailer, then nothing will change.

When e-logs become mandatory the likes of H&R will suffer, and so will their drivers.

It costs them nothing to sit a driver all day unpaid... a great business model if you can get away with it.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

If the driver gets the mandatory break then the e logs will make no difference at all.

I have qualified it as best I can. And 13 hours over a rock or 13 hours through Ontario in the snow.. What real difference. I haven't painted a rosy picture, just a factual one.

As for driving all night, well I do prefer it personally. And I am a firm believer that I may as well be working when I am away, so I will sit when I have to and drive when I can.

I gave up on blogs altogether. Way too much censorship on them..
Old Feb 21st 2012, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

If the driver gets the mandatory break then the e logs will make no difference at all.

I have qualified it as best I can. And 13 hours over a rock or 13 hours through Ontario in the snow.. What real difference. I haven't painted a rosy picture, just a factual one.

As for driving all night, well I do prefer it personally. And I am a firm believer that I may as well be working when I am away, so I will sit when I have to and drive when I can.

I gave up on blogs altogether. Way too much censorship on them..

courtesy of wiki

A blog (a portmanteau of the term web log)[1] is a personal journal published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete entries ("posts") typically displayed in reverse chronological order so the most recent post appears first. Blogs are usually the work of a single individual, occasionally of a small group, and often are themed on a single subject.

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.[1] They differ from chat rooms in that messages are at least temporarily archived. Also, depending on the access level of a user or the forum set-up, a posted message might need to be approved by a moderator before it becomes visible.
Forums have a specific set of jargon associated with them; e.g. a single conversation is called a "thread".
A discussion forum is hierarchical or tree-like in structure: a forum can contain a number of subforums, each of which may have several topics. Within a forum's topic, each new discussion started is called a thread, and can be replied to by as many people as so wish.
Depending on the forum's settings, users can be anonymous or have to register with the forum and then subsequently log in in order to post messages. On most forums, users do not have to log in to read existing messages.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

I was actually thinking about one from the west from a few years back..You know, one that ceased after the road to the yard became preferable to.. well, the road.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

I was actually thinking about one from the west from a few years back..You know, one that ceased after the road to the yard became preferable to.. well, the road.