When in Rome...

Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:49 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When in Rome...

Originally Posted by BEVS
Quite, old bean.
Are you hoping to "join" this country?

Be warned, apparently it's full of uncouth Brits. I should stay away if I were you.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:50 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
AWESOMEVICE!!!!!111!!!!
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellegiselle
Apologies all around that for an American to travel outside the U.S. they have to board a flight longer than 4 hours in some (many) cases. Your "international" savvy includes countries that are closer to you than the states I have traveled through many times. Make no mistake. America is many countries combined, many cultures, and your international travels would not be so international if you lived in a geographically larger country. So let's compare apples to apples. (Btw -a little secret, I have traveled the world over)
Americans do not have to fly longer than 4 hrs to travel outside the US.
Banned

ellegiselle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Weeze
AWESOMEVICE!!!!!111!!!!
So a quick question-when someone says something facetious-do you actually know they are making light? I don't mean to embarrass you but...
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

How about I do something British? I'm going to say something now and I want you to guess what it means! "I'm calling my mother tomorrow" Now-what action am I trying to get you to take???? Go!
Take the kids to the playpark while I'm on the phone.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ahem. May I point out that geography does not appear to be her strong point.
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies all around that for an American to travel outside the U.S. they have to board a flight longer than 4 hours in some (many) cases. Your "international" savvy includes countries that are closer to you than the states I have traveled through many times. Make no mistake. America is many countries combined, many cultures, and your international travels would not be so international if you lived in a geographically larger country. So let's compare apples to apples. (Btw -a little secret, I have traveled the world over)
travelled the world you say? So you can tell us where to get the best fish curry in Bangladesh then?
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by Owen778
Take the kids to the playpark while I'm on the phone.
Are you her husband?
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:52 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

You are now the obnoxious tourists who don't observe local cultural norms and behave in a way that is less and less welcome.
By this she means tipping less than 20% no matter what
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That was a GRAND comeback. Did it take long to think of that one? Hmmm let's see....Detroit to Cabo (scratching head...yes about 4 hours) Seattle to Bogata....yeah-you're completely wrong. Unless you meant Americans could just drive in any direction and cross country borders, to which I would respond: you're an idiot.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
travelled the world you say? So you can tell us where to get the best fish curry in Bangladesh then?
or Dubai.

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
or Dubai.

or Skegness, even.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
By this she means tipping less than 20% no matter what
I actually concur with you on this one! So that's absolutely not what I'm talking about....it's more the general disposition that Americans are indigent and politically inept. Of course, when the Brits were ruling we'd just chop your head off for saying so. That's the way to keep control!
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Are you her husband?
I don't think so.

I mean, I dropped my wife at the airport at 7am to fly to South America. That does mean that she is definitely a World Traveller (isn't that the name BA use for economy class?), but I think I'd have noticed if she lived in the Pacific Northwest.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Are you hoping to "join" this country?

Be warned, apparently it's full of uncouth Brits. I should stay away if I were you.
I'll stick to the colonies . Oh wait. <genteel cough>

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 21st 2014 at 2:01 am. Reason: Argh ! Parroted the OP's excessive use of .......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.