Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What would you do car swiped!

What would you do car swiped!

Old Mar 26th 2011, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would you do car swiped!

OH was in the Starbucks drive-thru yesterday when the woman in front of him, driving a Merc SUV, decided she didn't want to wait anymore and reversed right back into him. She completely destroyed the driver-side side headlight (which housed the turn signal and parking light), broke the clips holding the main headlight, and pushed into the bumper and hood about 1/2inch and left a white scuff on the bumper. The two body shops estimated just over $1000 to fix. The headlights alone were $300, not including any labor to install them.

Originally the woman thought about just paying out of pocket, which I was all for. The car is a 13y/o car and I was thinking maybe we'd just take the $1k and use towards a downpayment on a new car. But she decided to turn it in against her insurance afterall, so we'll just get it fixed instead.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Mar 26th 2011 at 1:12 am.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 1:18 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
OH was in the Starbucks drive-thru yesterday when the woman in front of him, driving a Merc SUV, decided she didn't want to wait anymore and reversed right back into him. She completely destroyed the driver-side side headlight (which housed the turn signal and parking light), broke the clips holding the main headlight, and pushed into the bumper and hood about 1/2inch and left a white scuff on the bumper. The two body shops estimated just over $1000 to fix. The headlights alone were $300, not including any labor to install them.

Originally the woman thought about just paying out of pocket, which I was all for. The car is a 13y/o car and I was thinking maybe we'd just take the $1k and use towards a downpayment on a new car. But she decided to turn it in against her insurance afterall, so we'll just get it fixed instead.
Sorry to hear that BGL but at least you will have no outta pocket, was this woman pissed I mean drunk why in gods name would you reverse from any drive thru is beyond me.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 1:31 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about the car PG, but it would have made more interesting reading had you been rear-ended.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 8:01 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
Sorry about the car PG, but it would have made more interesting reading had you been rear-ended.
Where the hell have you been!!
Old Mar 27th 2011, 10:41 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl

Hibernating for the winter?

Thanks for the warm welcome back.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 10:44 pm

Cough Cough read you Karma......I was getting worried about you!!
Attached Thumbnails What would you do car swiped!-gone-but-not-forgotten-.gif  
Old Mar 27th 2011, 10:52 pm
Dis-Member

Read it. Was going to Karma back but apparently you must be the only person I ever send it too, so I couldn't. PM sent instead.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 11:04 pm

Read it. Was going to Karma back but apparently you must be the only person I ever send it too, so I couldn't. PM sent instead.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 11:08 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

get a room please
Old Mar 27th 2011, 11:11 pm
Dis-Member

Originally Posted by candy wy.
get a room please
Oh God..............forgot about you.

Want to join us?

I will bring the booze, you bring the lube.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 11:13 pm

Want to join us?

.......that would the end of my sexual desires
Old Mar 27th 2011, 11:15 pm

Easily done

Want to join us?

As sure as Sh!t sticks to toilet paper Candy will be just behind me
Old Mar 27th 2011, 11:20 pm
Dis-Member

As sure as Sh!t sticks to toilet paper Candy will be just behind me
Lube will definitely be needed then......this is a car thread after all.

I forgot about your dislike of girl/girl action
Old Mar 27th 2011, 11:22 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

.......that would the end of my sexual desires

I never had any desires to start with..
so all yours
Old Mar 30th 2011, 8:50 pm

Turns out my mechanic's brother is the contractor that works for Mercedes and does all the resprays etc .......done deal $150 cash see ya
Looks like new.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.