List what you MISS

Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:23 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: List what you MISS

Crikey HotFLM, you've been here since you were one and you miss the UK? If Australia has been your home for 33 years and even you miss the UK, there's no hope for us lot!

I hope you get to go back and live the English life.

And yes you're right about food presentation. Especially the deli counter. I've just been into Coles and the ham was just bunged all over the place, the potato salad looked positively crusty and the polony...urgh.

Oh, and I'd forgotten about robins. Lovely little things.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:32 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Crikey HotFLM, you've been here since you were one and you miss the UK? If Australia has been your home for 33 years and even you miss the UK, there's no hope for us lot!

I hope you get to go back and live the English life.

And yes you're right about food presentation. Especially the deli counter. I've just been into Coles and the ham was just bunged all over the place, the potato salad looked positively crusty and the polony...urgh.

Oh, and I'd forgotten about robins. Lovely little things.
do people actually eat polony. They had it at playgroup once as a snack and I refused to let my daughter eat the stuff after I looked at the ingredients and it smelt like dogfood.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:36 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
do people actually eat polony. They had it at playgroup once as a snack and I refused to let my daughter eat the stuff after I looked at the ingredients and it smelt like dogfood.
I don't even know what "polony" is?????
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:37 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
I don't even know what "polony" is?????
a bit like luncheon meat I s'pose, ghastly stuff that to be honest I wouldn't even feed to my dog.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
a bit like luncheon meat I s'pose, ghastly stuff that to be honest I wouldn't even feed to my dog.
Full of offal
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:39 am
Just Joined

HotFLM will become famous soon enough

I've been brought up on everything British (thanks to my Mum).
I just know there is a better life for me in the UK. Don't get me wrong I have liked living here (most of the time) but know it's time to give the mother country a try! My friends here tell me that when I go over to live, there will be things that I miss about Oz - Well, other than my parents (who will come over eventually) and friends - i'm stuck trying to think of others.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:48 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HotFLM
I've been brought up on everything British (thanks to my Mum).
I just know there is a better life for me in the UK. Don't get me wrong I have liked living here (most of the time) but know it's time to give the mother country a try! My friends here tell me that when I go over to live, there will be things that I miss about Oz - Well, other than my parents (who will come over eventually) and friends - i'm stuck trying to think of others.
Whereabouts are you in Oz HotFLM?
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by HotFLM
there will be things that I miss about Oz - Well, other than my parents (who will come over eventually) and friends - i'm stuck trying to think of others.

The other day I was thinking what I would miss about Aus if I never saw it again:

1) The Indian Ocean. So beautiful....to look at!!!
2) Space.
3) Chilled out lifestyle...sometimes I will miss that.

I got a bit stuck after that! I'm still sat here thinking about what I would miss and I seriously can't think of anything else. Now if I had to do a list of things I miss about the UK...it would be HUGE!!!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:03 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
The other day I was thinking what I would miss about Aus if I never saw it again:

1) The Indian Ocean. So beautiful....to look at!!!
2) Space.
3) Chilled out lifestyle...sometimes I will miss that.

I got a bit stuck after that! I'm still sat here thinking about what I would miss and I seriously can't think of anything else. Now if I had to do a list of things I miss about the UK...it would be HUGE!!!
There has been a thread on this and I believe I said, "the blue, blue skies" and I seriously couldn't think of anything else a t the time. I guess I might miss this house, as when I do eventually go home for good, it would be nice to have the space to have my family all round for dinner without having to get the trestle out.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:05 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
There has been a thread on this and I believe I said, "the blue, blue skies" and I seriously couldn't think of anything else a t the time. I guess I might miss this house, as when I do eventually go home for good, it would be nice to have the space to have my family all round for dinner without having to get the trestle out.
I did think that when I had my new dining table delivered that I would never get it in a UK dining room of the type of house we could afford.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:27 am
Just Joined

HotFLM will become famous soon enough

Whereabouts are you in Oz HotFLM?
I live in hot and currently very sticky Cairns, FNQ Aust.
Lived in Perth for 8 months, and livedin PNG for the first 10 years of my life. So I have this need to have 4 seasons in my life if you know what i mean, hay, nod nod wink wink say no more, say no more (love Monty)
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

JimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really nice

Just thought of some....

-scoffing jaffa cakes while reading the Sunday papers
-original source shwr gel (teatree and mint) stings a bit but wakes you up!
-frazzles/smokey bacon crisps - yay bacon flavour burps all day long
-saying "Merry Christmas" without feeling politically incorrect
- Galaxy Caramels and English choc in general really

Hmmmm - just realised these are nearly all to do with food
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:15 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by JimandNic
Just thought of some....

-scoffing jaffa cakes while reading the Sunday papers
-original source shwr gel (teatree and mint) stings a bit but wakes you up!
-frazzles/smokey bacon crisps - yay bacon flavour burps all day long
-saying "Merry Christmas" without feeling politically incorrect
- Galaxy Caramels and English choc in general really

Hmmmm - just realised these are nearly all to do with food

Don't you have any English foods ther at all? We can get most of the popular 'miss list' foods here in WA. We can get Tea Tree oil etc. 'cos they're grown here.

Dare I ask why saying 'Merry Chrimbo' is non PC?
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:16 am
Account Closed

Ooooooh, just thought of another on; Fray Bentos steamed steak puddings. Yum!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

JimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really nice

Don't you have any English foods ther at all? We can get most of the popular 'miss list' foods here in WA. We can get Tea Tree oil etc. 'cos they're grown here.

Dare I ask why saying 'Merry Chrimbo' is non PC?
Yep - can get quite a few English foods at specialty stores, or online for mega $$$$- there are just the odd few that we can't get so easily locally and always have to ask visitors to smuggle in for us

I don't know why 'merry christmas' is un-pc - it may not be so in other parts of Canada but no-one seems to say it here in Vancouver - Almost everyone here says 'happy holidays' (which I can't stand grrrr!) but which is obviously desiged to cause no-one any offence as it's inclusive of all the religious festivals at that time of year. (ie diwali, chanuka ?sp?, Kwanza, Lunar new year etc etc -oops, probably missed loads out) There were even a few items on the news where people were interviewed to ask if they would feel offended if someone wished them merry christmas when they didn't celebrate it themselves. (coz we're all so polite here in Canada ) Needless to say no-one who was interviewed said they would be offended.

I don't think I heard anyone say Merry Christmas last year until I phoned home. Just made me a bit - not to hear it. And when no-one else says it in return you feel a bit weird saying it yourself - like you've made some sort of faux pas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.