Duck Dynasty

Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:15 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Duck Dynasty

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
You're gonna burn in hell now, boy!

errrr...wait..damn, so am I then.
You sure you don't want to rethink that one ????
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:20 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
+1
I am yet to watch this show as it is not my cup of tea, just as I am yet to watch all the carry on with Miley Cyrus and her apparent rude behaviour. Only thing I do observe it that the thought police are out and trying to force compliance of opinion. The religous right tried to do it and now the lefties are trying to do it, and the only result is people hardening their stance. I much prefer the freedom to express yourself and deal with the outcome than shut someone down simply because you don't subscribe to their opinion. Speaking of opinion, I think reality shows are crap anyway.
Thought police? Do me a lemon.

This isn't a left/right issue. It isn't even a gay/straight issue, I'd be prepared to bet that most gay people don't give a flying fluck what some fundie thinks of their lifestyle. It's the constant ramming of religion down the throats of the general public and people using this 'religious freedom' to justify being a bigot with impunity.

Yes, he's free to hold any opinion he likes, just as anyone else is free to say he's a cocksocket for saying it. Also, just as A&E, as his employer, have the right to put filming on hold.

I find it amusing that all these people braying about his freedom of speech said absolutely nothing about what happened to the Dixie Chicks and their Bush comments ...
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

I find it amusing that all these people braying about his freedom of speech said absolutely nothing about what happened to the Dixie Chicks and their Bush comments ...
But, but..that's different. They insulted our POTUS in front of foreigners!

My stepfather likes what happened to them, said they deserved it. But he did also say, that if they had said what they did on American soil, it wouldn't have been so bad.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:26 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
But, but..that's different. They insulted our POTUS in front of foreigners!

My stepfather likes what happened to them, said they deserved it. But he did also say, that if they had said what they did on American soil, it wouldn't have been so bad.
Didn't you know - only leftists have double standards.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:28 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

what happened to the Dixie Chicks and their Bush comments ...
Well they gained at least one new fan.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:35 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

DH and I were discussing this on way to work this am. It's the fact that "celebrities" (and I use the term loosely), spout off on stuff as if proclaiming the Ten Commandments, and again it doesn't matter what they say, liberal, conservative, redneck, hippy dippy, ad nauseum and everybody gets their knickers in a twist, or jumps up and down and yells "that's what I'm saying!!" These are people no different than you or I, and you know what, I don't care what they believe, either I agree with them or I don't, it won't change my life any.

Another note, this is not unlike the whole Paula Deen fiasco this summer.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I have never seen the show, but as someone else said, my perception is that it's one of those 'freak pointing' ones where you're laughing at them. Therefore their views would be predictably stupid.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:48 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

... cocksocket ...
And so the spread of the term starts. Excellent. \mrburnsmodeoff
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:49 pm
I have a comma problem

At this point, it is what it is. The free speech aspect will have been done to death thirty times over for all the back and forth.

I will never give up my personal fight against the continued and ever-forced intrusion of religion into the daily lives of everyone when it should be kept inside the churches, temples, mosques, henges or wherever they are practiced.

And to those who would accuse me of forcing secularism I will say firstly, secularism is all-inclusive, by it's nature it can't be forced. Secondly, consider this - which is the most harmful viewpoint:

1. Homsexuals are abhorrent, evil, unnatural abominations who chose a lifestyle for which they deserve eternal punishment.

or

2. Homosexuality is a perfectly natural state of being and those who are born that way deserve to live their life free of oppression by those who have no business sticking their noses in at all.

It's an easy one for me.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

At this point, it is what it is. The free speech aspect will have been done to death thirty times over for all the back and forth.

I will never give up my personal fight against the continued and ever-forced intrusion of religion into the daily lives of everyone when it should be kept inside the churches, temples, mosques, henges or wherever they are practiced.

And to those who would accuse me of forcing secularism I will say firstly, secularism is all-inclusive, by it's nature it can't be forced. Secondly, consider this - which is the most harmful viewpoint:

1. Homsexuals are abhorrent, evil, unnatural abominations who chose a lifestyle for which they deserve eternal punishment.

or

2. Homosexuality is a perfectly natural state of being and those who are born that way deserve to live their life free of oppression by those who have no business sticking their noses in at all.

It's an easy one for me.
And as you pointed out earlier, Jesus didn't even mention it.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:51 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
Born-again Christian with cocksocket-like views on gays shocker....

http://www.accesshollywood.com/duck-..._article_88025

Surprised? I nearly shit myself...
You see what you started here...?!
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:52 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

It was getting slow in here.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:54 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
And as you pointed out earlier, Jesus didn't even mention it.
Jesus, or at least the Jesus I learned about when I did go to church, would be ashamed to be associated with some of these people.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jesus, or at least the Jesus I learned about when I did go to church, would be ashamed to be associated with some of these people.
Absolutely.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:56 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
And so the spread of the term starts. Excellent. \mrburnsmodeoff
Awesomevice!!!11!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.