Duck Dynasty

Old Dec 19th 2013, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

captainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Duck Dynasty

Originally Posted by Ulsterman in Texas
they are kind of like mini sermonettes.
Sermonettes sounds like a band, or a backing group...
Old Dec 19th 2013, 6:27 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captainsensible
Sermonettes sounds like a band, or a backing group...
Needs to be prefixed with "and the"
Old Dec 19th 2013, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 19th 2013, 6:35 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
This seems apt..
Old Dec 19th 2013, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Needs to be prefixed with "and the"
Disco Tex
Old Dec 19th 2013, 7:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I've never watched the show and doubt that I ever will, even in the most desperate of times.

He is entitled to his feelings and to express them. But for someone in the public media, he was most unwise to broadcast an opinion which was sure to hinder his "career".

The network should have had, if they didn't have, a clause that prohibits his speaking about certain subject matter, i.e. religion, sexuality, politics, etc.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

Ulsterman in Texas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
I've never watched the show and doubt that I ever will, even in the most desperate of times.

He is entitled to his feelings and to express them. But for someone in the public media, he was most unwise to broadcast an opinion which was sure to hinder his "career".

The network should have had, if they didn't have, a clause that prohibits his speaking about certain subject matter, i.e. religion, sexuality, politics, etc.
It didn't have such a clause, in fact they prayed at the end of nearly episode and talked about going to church, the also mentioned politics in interviews regarding gun control. Phil is also a well known preacher and has stated views on abortion and other issues in his sermons. Frankly if there was such a clause on Duck Dynasty I don't think there would be a show.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Ulsterman in Texas
It didn't have such a clause, in fact they prayed at the end of nearly episode and talked about going to church, the also mentioned politics in interviews regarding gun control. Phil is also a well known preacher and has stated views on abortion and other issues in his sermons. Frankly if there was such a clause on Duck Dynasty I don't think there would be a show.
And yet he managed to carry himself off in the show, for the most part at least, without coming over as a bigoted dick.

Ah well, just another "reality" TV show anyhow, so no great loss.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 8:04 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
And yet he managed to carry himself off in the show, for the most part at least, without coming over as a bigoted dick.
That was in the script
Old Dec 19th 2013, 8:33 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Freedom of speech. He is free to speak his mind. So are other people. People are free to organize a collective response too. If people think he is behaving like a twunt or a genius they are free to speak their mind on the matter. People are also free to judge based on edited TV footage (the show) and edited speech (the interview). And then free to share their judgement on t'internet.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 8:41 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
Freedom of speech. He is free to speak his mind. So are other people. People are free to organize a collective response too. If people think he is behaving like a twunt or a genius they are free to speak their mind on the matter. People are also free to judge based on edited TV footage (the show) and edited speech (the interview). And then free to share their judgement on t'internet.
This is true.

Actually, my problem isn't so much that he said it, or that he holds that opinion. It's that he presents them as absolutes. If one is going to present non-evidence based arguments, then one should qualify it with the caveat that it is one' own opinion and not fact.

That being said, if I were gay, I wouldn't be too worried that some god botherer didn't think I was getting into heaven so there probably won't be too much fallout in the long run.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 8:46 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
This is true.

Actually, my problem isn't so much that he said it, or that he holds that opinion. It's that he presents them as absolutes. If one is going to present non-evidence based arguments, then one should qualify it with the caveat that it is one' own opinion and not fact.

That being said, if I were gay, I wouldn't be too worried that some god botherer didn't think I was getting into heaven so there probably won't be too much fallout in the long run.
SOS, you've thrown out a few absolutes in your time, ie your opinion on religion that you've posted in this very thread. No offense, but..............

Normally, OUR opinions, rightly or wrongly are OUR OWN absolutes.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 8:50 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by cindyabs
SOS, you've thrown out a few absolutes in your time, ie your opinion on religion that you've posted in this very thread. No offense, but..............

That is an evidence-based fact though. There is overwhelming evidence for the physical processes that preclude the need for belief in mythology.

No offense taken, I'm not in the least bit bothered.

It is not, however an evidence-based fact that homosexuals are 'sinners' or 'going to hell' from a christian standpoint because their prophet never said one word about them at all. He mentioned 'sexual immorality' - well I'm guilty of that because I slept with my wife before we were married. Shocker, eh
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:09 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs

+1
I am yet to watch this show as it is not my cup of tea, just as I am yet to watch all the carry on with Miley Cyrus and her apparent rude behaviour. Only thing I do observe it that the thought police are out and trying to force compliance of opinion. The religous right tried to do it and now the lefties are trying to do it, and the only result is people hardening their stance. I much prefer the freedom to express yourself and deal with the outcome than shut someone down simply because you don't subscribe to their opinion. Speaking of opinion, I think reality shows are crap anyway.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
He mentioned 'sexual immorality' - well I'm guilty of that because I slept with my wife before we were married. Shocker, eh
You're gonna burn in hell now, boy!

errrr...wait..damn, so am I then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.