Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Does "Tramp Stamp" equal...

Does "Tramp Stamp" equal...

Old Jun 22nd 2012, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does "Tramp Stamp" equal...

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm definitely NOT a fan of tats and although my first husband and now my youngest daughter have them, I still do like them. But that is just me. After all I like makeup and that is only a temporary tat isn't it.

Don't think less of someone because they have a tat but if they are many and in very publicly visible places, I honestly do shrink back from them in fear as my generation thought tats were only for bad boys and girls.
This is probably true to some extent. I was attacked many years ago in the middle of Glasgow and subsequently, ended up with a 3 inch scar on my right cheek. For years after, people automatically thought I was some kind of rough diamond and had got into a fight or something similar. Believe me, I am not a bad girl, but I love my tattoo's and don't regret getting any of them. My biggest one is on the top of my right arm, so in the Summer, it's totally visible. Because of what I worked as in the UK, I was not allowed any visible inkings because you were in the public eye. And I hope it wouldn't put people off talking to me, for whatever reason.

As someone else said, each to their own. Each one of mine mean something to me, but even so, my mother was horrified when she saw the one I got on my arm.... I'll not repeat her exact words but you can imagine
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 3:06 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brat1
a 3 inch scar on my right cheek. For years after, people automatically thought I was some kind of rough diamond and had got into a fight or something similar.
Sounds ok.. You could be a pirate. have to get a parot though... or an exploding monkey.

Most of my tat's are snakes/skulls/wizards/dragons... the majority of them signify that i was drinking beer at the time.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Sounds ok.. You could be a pirate. have to get a parot though... or an exploding monkey.

Most of my tat's are snakes/skulls/wizards/dragons... the majority of them signify that i was drinking beer at the time.

One I designed myself, with 3 hearts joined, surrounded by a kind of sun, signifying how my 3 girls bring light into my life. I have each of their names underneath it. And my big on on my arm is of an angel, I got her just before we emigrated as angels are things which are close to my heart and I wanted a guardian angel to look after me once we left the UK. It might sound silly to some, but it means something to me. My friend over here, has a large one which goes from her foot right up her calf. It's different kinds of flowers which if I remember right, mean something for each of her kids and it is a total work of art (in my opinion ).

I always wanted one like Pink has on her thigh...... maybe there's time yet
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

I've never had the courage to get one, although I have been thinking about it more in the past few years. The one I had in mind was a pair of bright red lips on my rear end. KMA.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Not my cup of tea and definitely wouldn't want one stuck over my bum. But I freely admit to being an old fogey.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Not my cup of tea and definitely wouldn't want one stuck over my bum. But I freely admit to being an old fogey.
I don't think any of us would call you an old fogey Sally

I definitely think tattoo's, you either like them or loath them and it's a personal choice. I was actually directed to a site through aol, this morning, that had 50 of the worst tattoo's..... there are no words to describe what certain people thought were nice, I'll need to go and try and find it and post the link!!
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think any of us would call you an old fogey Sally

I definitely think tattoo's, you either like them or loath them and it's a personal choice. I was actually directed to a site through aol, this morning, that had 50 of the worst tattoo's..... there are no words to describe what certain people thought were nice, I'll need to go and try and find it and post the link!!
Oh yes do that - I remember Ray putting some up once, they were terrible.

Thanks for the compliment but I do find myself increasingly perplexed by the young 'uns
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh yes do that - I remember Ray putting some up once, they were terrible.

Thanks for the compliment but I do find myself increasingly perplexed by the young 'uns
Okay, so here's one of the sites.... I'm saying nothing.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...toos-Ever.html
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 4:05 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

You could get a "Get off my grass" tat.. maybe with someone shaking a stick
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Okay, so here's one of the sites.... I'm saying nothing.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...toos-Ever.html
very good.

One of my husband's colleagues back in England was married to a 'hard man', unfortunately for this image he had a Celtic band thing tattooed around his arm but couldn't stand the pain, so it only went half way.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

very good.

One of my husband's colleagues back in England was married to a 'hard man', unfortunately for this image he had a Celtic band thing tattooed around his arm but couldn't stand the pain, so it only went half way.
Priceless!!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nutek
You could get a "Get off my grass" tat.. maybe with someone shaking a stick
we do have a marijuana factory opposite - the smell is getting ridiculous.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 4:11 pm

we do have a marijuana factory opposite - the smell is getting ridiculous.
Breathe... Breathe...

Old Jun 22nd 2012, 4:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Em, I sincerely hope not!! I have tattoo's and I don't class myself as a tramp. I also have female friends who have one or more tattoo's and none of them are tramps either. I don't know where the "tramp stamp" expression came from to be honest and I don't think, just because a female decides to get inked, they should be classed as such......
But is your tats a target or not?

The Tramp Stamp is a very specific placement...
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
But is your tats a target or not?

The Tramp Stamp is a very specific placement...
So I found out from this post Bob, no, I don't have one there.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.