Commute Times

Old Nov 2nd 2017, 2:24 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commute Times

Currently about 1¾hrs, on a good day, but can take 2hrs or more on a bad one. That includes dropping little Miss P off at school, but that doesn't make much difference, evidenced by the fact that it can take me as long to get straight from work back to home again.

There have been rare days when Mrs P has taken little Miss P to school, and it took me longer to get to work than if I had gone via little Miss P's school!

In London it was about an hour door-to-door, unless there was a problem with the trains, including weather, accidents, or security alerts. Going by tube added about half an hour, but was a good standby when the trains were messed up. Taking the bus about doubled the commute; I don't think I ever took the bus to work, but sometimes I would ride the bus home, top deck, front seat, on a Friday evening just for the hell of it.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 2nd 2017 at 2:39 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

England was 10 to 15 minutes in Milton Keynes, now its 15 to 20 minutes to school,drop the kid off, 2 to 3 minutes to cross the road to work.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 5:53 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I never lived in England but I'm going to answer anyway
Sorry! I always do that

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
60 minutes each way from Guildford Surrey to Newbury, Berks.

30 minutes each way from Sunnyvale to Mountain View CA

Now from kitchen to study.......
I didn't know you used to live around me.

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Currently about 1¾hrs, on a good day, but can take 2hrs or more on a bad one. That includes dropping little Miss P off at school, but that doesn't make much difference, evidenced by the fact that it can take me as long to get straight from work back to home again.

There have been rare days when Mrs P has taken little Miss P to school, and it took me longer to get to work than if I had gone via little Miss P's school!

In London it was about an hour door-to-door, unless there was a problem with the trains, including weather, accidents, or security alerts. Going by tube added about half an hour, but was a good standby when the trains were messed up. Taking the bus about doubled the commute; I don't think I ever took the bus to work, but sometimes I would ride the bus home, top deck, front seat, on a Friday evening just for the hell of it.
It looks like you're the only one so far then, whose commute is worse in the US. I find this so funny, when we warn everyone about the traffic problems in the major cities.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 5:54 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Sorry! I always do that
It's OK, we're used to it
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 5:56 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

It's OK, we're used to it
I have a Scottish friend here, and I say England all the time to her. She just gives me that knowing scowl now.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 5:59 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Scottish friend here, and I say England all the time to her. She just gives me that knowing scowl now.
You like to live dangerously, don't you
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 6:12 pm

You like to live dangerously, don't you
I really do. She's quite a tough Glaswegian too. I've had to do a hasty retreat a few times
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 6:23 pm
I have a comma problem

I really do. She's quite a tough Glaswegian too. I've had to do a hasty retreat a few times
You are fortunate she has chosen to spare you thus far.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 6:36 pm

You are fortunate she has chosen to spare you thus far.
I'm the only person she can talk like Billy Connolly around, so I'm safe
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 6:36 pm
I have a comma problem

I'm the only person she can talk like Billy Connolly around, so I'm safe
Sir Billy Connolly ...
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

House has just come up for sale. Do I trade my 15 minute commute, for a 1 hour 15 minute commute and 40 acres? I'm sort of inclined just to keep my 15 minute commute and staying close to home depot.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I would stick with the 15 min commute.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 12:28 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
House has just come up for sale. Do I trade my 15 minute commute, for a 1 hour 15 minute commute and 40 acres? ....
I'd take the 40 acres in a heart beat.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:19 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I'd take the 40 acres in a heart beat.
I'd look for 20 acres with a 45 minute commute
Old Nov 6th 2017, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

1 hr 55 min commute into Boston, approx. 32 miles and use of commuter rail. Out of the city and the best thing I ever did. Commute into London was approx. 1 hr 35 min.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.