Why not the GTP?

Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

miss_morph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why not the GTP?

Originally Posted by loubie
Why don't you use your degree and do the Graduate Diploma in Education?
Hi Loubie;
The dip ed - is that in the UK or an Aussie qualification? Would I be able to teach in UK/Oz with it? i'm sorry, i don't know anything about it!
Sarah
Old Feb 25th 2010, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

The Graduate Diploma in Education (Dip Ed) is an Australian qualification and is the same as the PGCE. I understand that you can study this externally at Charles Sturt University. Might be worth looking at their website.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

miss_morph is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Briar;8373076]The Graduate Diploma in Education (Dip Ed) is an Australian qualification and is the same as the PGCE. QUOTE]

Thanks for your help Briar; interested by your response above that it is the same as the PGCE, am i right in thinking that if i changed my tactics in the UK and did do a PGCE in stead of a GTP then i could register in Australia and (job offers permitting) get straight to work rather than having to do any other 'top-up courses' or additional aussie training? is that right?

Sarah