Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Are Primary Teachers wanting to emigrate on hold now?

Are Primary Teachers wanting to emigrate on hold now?

Old Mar 21st 2009, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Primary Teachers wanting to emigrate on hold now?

Your Aunty can sponsor you.
This would mean only 100 points needed.

Best speak with immigration agent such as gomatilda.

Gems
Old Mar 21st 2009, 7:18 am
Just Joined

janmal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by martinibops
Thank you, I have just been looking into this but not sure exactly how it works I have two Auties and two sets of cousins out in Oz and would initially stay with one set anyway. Does mine or my husbands work need to be on MODL or CSL as I am a primary teacher and that has been taken off. My husband is an Ashhalt Supervisor which I know is a job that is available out there but not on either of these lists. We were not planning to go for another year/18 months anyway or am I looking at donkeys years? now??
my aunt sponsored us, dont think cousins can sponsor, your husbands occupation is irrelevent you will be applying on your profession, i would start now it took me nearly 12 months to gather all the info needed for the teaching australia assessment because you are relying on other people to send you, degree transcript, references and so on, we applied on line last october and i would be surprised if we get the visa within the next 18 months
due to the current economic downturn in oz, we applied ourselves it is fairly straightforward and can save you a few pounds on using an agent , if you require any more help or info just let me know
regards jan,mal
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:03 am
Just Joined

martinibops is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that, I have looked on the Visa immigration website and it does list cousin as a sponsor, although I'm sure my Auntie would anyway. I am awaiting some info back from my uni to send to Teaching Australia I undertook a 3 year BA Hons in Primary Ed with QTS and Teaching Australia have said they will consider this if I can show it had the same teaching content and practise time etc... as the 4 year degree (I know they may say no anyway!). I am prepared for a bit of a wait anyway as I only qualified in December and want to finish my NQT year first and gain a little more teaching experience. However I also want to get the ball rolling as quickly as possible as I know this is not (due to current climate) gonna be a long process!
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Do I still need to get an assessment done with Teaching Australia because it says it is for migration purposes but now teaching is no longer on MODL is it still needed. Questions, questions, questions. Sorry.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Another question for 176 does my relative have to have lived as a permanent resident for a certain amount of time. The one I'd like to use has only been out about 18 months. Also what exactly do they have to do/provide in way of sponsoring us.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Do I still need to get an assessment done with Teaching Australia because it says it is for migration purposes but now teaching is no longer on MODL is it still needed. Questions, questions, questions. Sorry.
yes you still need to send your assessment to teaching australia, forget about the SOL, MODL LISTS they are irrelevent to your application, primary teachers are not on the list it wont affect your application just gonna take longer because 176 family sponsored are low priority

1, state sponsored/employer sponsored
2, sol list
3, modl list
4, family sponsored

also your family sponsor i think has to of been there 2 years and a permanent resident, they have to fill a form in stating there intentions to look after you in times of need also proof of address and marriage cert and proof of relationship with yourselves

Last edited by janmal; Mar 21st 2009 at 5:49 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the help. I have been looking on immigration website but cannot see a timeframe that a family sponsor needs to have been permanent resident. My Aunt would be willing to do this but she has only been out 18 months, although I have another Aunt in Melboune who has been out for years, would it matter that I wanted to live in Perth?

Also just so I am clear on this I can still apply for a 175 or 176 although primary teaching is no longer on CSL or MODL it's just that I will be low priority is that right???

I feel so thick but all the information is so hard to get your head round.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the help. I have been looking on immigration website but cannot see a timeframe that a family sponsor needs to have been permanent resident. My Aunt would be willing to do this but she has only been out 18 months, although I have another Aunt in Melboune who has been out for years, would it matter that I wanted to live in Perth?

Also just so I am clear on this I can still apply for a 175 or 176 although primary teaching is no longer on CSL or MODL it's just that I will be low priority is that right???

i am sure its 2 years, you could still apply for a 175 if you have enough points as you say you will just be low priority, we didnt because of my age , i does not matter where your aunt lives, my aunt lives in perth but we are heading for the gold coast,
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:27 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
you can still apply but no one can say how long it will take to process as currently, they only seem interested in employer/state sponsored and CSL. Note that the CSL was a new list in December and it has already been revised so it would appear that the CSL maybe a way of 'controlling' the queuing. I would apply as soon as possible.

Cooler
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, I have an even bigger issue of getting my teaching degree recognised as a I did a 3 year teaching degree with QTS and Australia only like 4 year ones! Even though my whole degree was in education and I worked full time in a primary school throughout! I have been advised that I will be unlikely to get a visa without this being recognised. Gutted and frustrated maybe it's not meant to be :curse:
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Curlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really nice

I don't understand why our degrees aren't accepted at all. I trained at Kingston Uni and I know from experience with other colleagues that it was a high quality course, even in comparison to their four year courses. They just seem to not recognise that teacher training can be taught in less than four years- which is fair enough, but not particularly helpful for me.
Another hurdle is that they only began keeping transcripts from 2003, which is after I graduated. I've even been advised to try New Zealand instead (not from an educational organisation though). Do they accept three year degrees and PGCE's? If they do I can't understand why they wouldn't accept a three year teaching degree.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:01 am
Just Joined

I know it is very frustrating and reading all the threads on here you can see that so many people have this type of teaching degree now, surely it should be recognised.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

I know it is very frustrating and reading all the threads on here you can see that so many people have this type of teaching degree now, surely it should be recognised.
There are Teachers with the recognised qualifications lining up to go to Aus. So they don't need to move the goal posts as the demand isn't there. If sometime in the future they have vast shortages then maybe they will, but I wouldn't hold my breath
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:03 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

I have read on BE that it's because they used to have different routes/qualifications across the states and if you wanted to teach in another state, then that could be difficult.

Australia_bound?, the shortages you mention, are they across the age groups or just for primary? I know there are certainly shortages at High School level and certain subjects specifically, maths, science and a few others. The reason I ask is that there are not many who post on the teaching section and fewer still who have made the move. Maybe they're too busy marking

Cooler
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Well I think we will be staying put in sunny UK. I can completely appreciate that there are enough teachers trying to get into Aus but surely it should be equality of oppotunity and those of us that have taken a 3 year route are not any less qualified than somene who has done a 4 year route. I'm just moaning coz I'm gutted! ignore me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.