Ozy teacher red-tape?

Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough
Default Ozy teacher red-tape?

Hi

I have heard that as well as the visa & state teacher registration, police checks from UK & OZ you also need a card that enables you to work with children (to ensure you are not a danger to them). Does anybody have any more info on this & can I apply for 1 from the UK?

Do you know how long my Ozzy police check will take & can i apply for that from UK? I was hoping to hit the ground running as fast as possible. So anything I can do from this side would be really helpful. Thanks again.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ozy teacher red-tape?

Originally Posted by vikk
Hi

I have heard that as well as the visa & state teacher registration, police checks from UK & OZ you also need a card that enables you to work with children (to ensure you are not a danger to them). Does anybody have any more info on this & can I apply for 1 from the UK?

Do you know how long my Ozzy police check will take & can i apply for that from UK? I was hoping to hit the ground running as fast as possible. So anything I can do from this side would be really helpful. Thanks again.
Hi Vikk

Not terribly sure about this. But since no one has replied its better than nout!

I think most states have a "blue" card system to allow you to work with children. Basically this card confirms that you don't have a police record, school janitors, teacher aides etc need them.

To become a registered teacher in any state you need to have a police check done. Your registration confirms that you don't have a police record so no "blue card" is required.

I registered with the Board of Registered Teachers Queensland from the UK it took about 10 weeks, piece of cake. When I got out here I registered with South Australia - complete nightmare! The police check is the same as the one you need for your visa.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by linda_clarky
Hi Vikk

Not terribly sure about this. But since no one has replied its better than nout!

I think most states have a "blue" card system to allow you to work with children. Basically this card confirms that you don't have a police record, school janitors, teacher aides etc need them.

To become a registered teacher in any state you need to have a police check done. Your registration confirms that you don't have a police record so no "blue card" is required.

I registered with the Board of Registered Teachers Queensland from the UK it took about 10 weeks, piece of cake. When I got out here I registered with South Australia - complete nightmare! The police check is the same as the one you need for your visa.
Hi Thank you for replying! Karma is on its way to you. I sent off my paperwork to QLD for my teacher registration about an hour ago with a normal police check plus a form 80 as I worked abroad a few years ago, so please keep your fingers crossed for me for the next 10 weeks.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

It won't let me send you karma I'll try again next time.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by vikk
Hi Thank you for replying! Karma is on its way to you. I sent off my paperwork to QLD for my teacher registration about an hour ago with a normal police check plus a form 80 as I worked abroad a few years ago, so please keep your fingers crossed for me for the next 10 weeks.
Hope it comes through quickly...

If there are any problems they contact you by e-mail so it makes it really quick.