Ozy teacher red-tape?

Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:31 pm
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
vikk's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Sunshine Coast at loooooooong last.
Posts: 304
vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough
Default Ozy teacher red-tape?

Hi

I have heard that as well as the visa & state teacher registration, police checks from UK & OZ you also need a card that enables you to work with children (to ensure you are not a danger to them). Does anybody have any more info on this & can I apply for 1 from the UK?

Do you know how long my Ozzy police check will take & can i apply for that from UK? I was hoping to hit the ground running as fast as possible. So anything I can do from this side would be really helpful. Thanks again.
vikk is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2005, 12:33 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
LindyLoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 223
LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ozy teacher red-tape?

Originally Posted by vikk
Hi

I have heard that as well as the visa & state teacher registration, police checks from UK & OZ you also need a card that enables you to work with children (to ensure you are not a danger to them). Does anybody have any more info on this & can I apply for 1 from the UK?

Do you know how long my Ozzy police check will take & can i apply for that from UK? I was hoping to hit the ground running as fast as possible. So anything I can do from this side would be really helpful. Thanks again.
Hi Vikk

Not terribly sure about this. But since no one has replied its better than nout!

I think most states have a "blue" card system to allow you to work with children. Basically this card confirms that you don't have a police record, school janitors, teacher aides etc need them.

To become a registered teacher in any state you need to have a police check done. Your registration confirms that you don't have a police record so no "blue card" is required.

I registered with the Board of Registered Teachers Queensland from the UK it took about 10 weeks, piece of cake. When I got out here I registered with South Australia - complete nightmare! The police check is the same as the one you need for your visa.
LindyLoo is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2005, 4:46 pm
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
vikk's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Sunshine Coast at loooooooong last.
Posts: 304
vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ozy teacher red-tape?

Originally Posted by linda_clarky
Hi Vikk

Not terribly sure about this. But since no one has replied its better than nout!

I think most states have a "blue" card system to allow you to work with children. Basically this card confirms that you don't have a police record, school janitors, teacher aides etc need them.

To become a registered teacher in any state you need to have a police check done. Your registration confirms that you don't have a police record so no "blue card" is required.

I registered with the Board of Registered Teachers Queensland from the UK it took about 10 weeks, piece of cake. When I got out here I registered with South Australia - complete nightmare! The police check is the same as the one you need for your visa.
Hi Thank you for replying! Karma is on its way to you. I sent off my paperwork to QLD for my teacher registration about an hour ago with a normal police check plus a form 80 as I worked abroad a few years ago, so please keep your fingers crossed for me for the next 10 weeks.
vikk is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2005, 4:49 pm
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
vikk's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Sunshine Coast at loooooooong last.
Posts: 304
vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ozy teacher red-tape?

It won't let me send you karma I'll try again next time.
vikk is offline  
Old Mar 24th 2005, 11:27 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
LindyLoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 223
LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ozy teacher red-tape?

Originally Posted by vikk
Hi Thank you for replying! Karma is on its way to you. I sent off my paperwork to QLD for my teacher registration about an hour ago with a normal police check plus a form 80 as I worked abroad a few years ago, so please keep your fingers crossed for me for the next 10 weeks.
Hope it comes through quickly...

If there are any problems they contact you by e-mail so it makes it really quick.
LindyLoo is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.