136 visa

Old May 2nd 2007, 9:04 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 136 visa

If you are applying for a 136, do you need the extra 10 points for 3 years work experience? It sounds like you only have 34 months?
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missapps
Ok, i'm going for it. Or i'll never hear the end of it from you lot!!!!

right, Ok, so will post on immigration this question too but:-
-australian skills assessment only week old, so could apply in july ok?
-IIn july, will have been teaching at my school for 18 months inclusing holidays. but extra 16 months at old school inclusive of holidays. So can i apply in july then?
- will def have money in july, so apply, money comes out in august when im on ship, but when i apply in july, i can sort out all the relevant documents before then yeah??
-hopefully visa will come through by january, or bit later and so i will leave the moment i get back from ship -end of december-and flight is booked yeah?/
Hope that makes sense?
When will i have to get the police checks-Australian ones i presume? and medical from their doctors?? Also have to get both of them done for the ship will they be valid or do i have to get it done again?
Sorry, i do take you advice promise, which is why im deciding to go for it.
Can i just say, when i finally get there- you are all cordially invited for a glass or two of wine/tea whatever takes you fancy- cos you all bloody deserve it for being so patient with me!!!
Hope these questions clear!!!??/
laura again!!! xxxx
Hi Laura

UK Police checks need to be done when requested as do medicals. Not sure on Visa timescales (would try to find out but heading off to bed in a mo!) so possibly could do them once you get back from cruise? The ones you have probably won't be valid for this purpose.
Seems it won't be stright forward for you, but you've made the right choice (well unless you can remain in your current post, that would probably make things simple for you). Good luck with the agents.
Anyways would love to take you up on the invite, but as you'll be a few thousand miles away I doubt I'll be able to make it

xx
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ws99
If you are applying for a 136, do you need the extra 10 points for 3 years work experience? It sounds like you only have 34 months?
As far as I know she doesn't need the extra points
Old May 3rd 2007, 6:22 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

But for a 136, it comes to 110 without it? Unless Lauras relatives can sponsor her for a 138 (I had to get a 138 as had the same problem!)

Age - 30
Occupation - 60
English - 20

I'm also not sure how medicals can be done when requested if Laura is on a cruise ship somewhere!? Could fontload them in July but they might be out of date and need to be redone.
Old May 3rd 2007, 4:39 pm
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough

Hey WS99, thanks for reply.
Have just worked it out myself.
-Sept 04-August 05 12 months including holidays- fully employed
-Sept 05-Dec 05 -4 months supply does that count?
-Jan 06- present 17 months will be til August 07 will be 20 months inclusive of hols.
Oh bugger- have i got it wrong again?
Does that affect chances?
poo bum!!!
LAura xxx
Old May 3rd 2007, 5:01 pm
WS

Ok, thats fine. School holidays can count but make sure the references say 'to 31st Aug' (although you finished term in July).

Supply work can count, but it has to be over 20 hours a week?
Old May 3rd 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey WS99, thanks for reply.
Have just worked it out myself.
-Sept 04-August 05 12 months including holidays- fully employed
-Sept 05-Dec 05 -4 months supply does that count?
-Jan 06- present 17 months will be til August 07 will be 20 months inclusive of hols.
Oh bugger- have i got it wrong again?
Does that affect chances?
poo bum!!!
LAura xxx
Yes supply is fine as long as over 20 hours a week! (hopefully you can evidence this?)

Only real issues you'll have are medical and maybe Police checks. But hit them when you get there....
Old May 5th 2007, 7:13 am
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough

Hello again,
yes supply was basically all day every day!
NOt quite sure how to evidence this, have all y payslips, but some are lost, maybe i should call the companies to reference me. Would a letter from them be sufficient?
NOt sure if they'll do it. I'll ask them, But WS99 it still only works out as 34 months?
Yes all my other contracts have been til the 31st august- so we get paid in summer holidays!!! Would'nt have done it otherwise!!
Police checks and medicals- will they be a problem cos i'm on the ships?
Have emailed both george lombard and alan collett, they both want to register with me as full agents, nowhere mentioned about them charging just $50 for phone call. Alan wont do phone call in office as he is really busy and jsut for fee paying clients. But from reading on here everyone has not recommended an agent. is that right??
laura xxx
Old May 5th 2007, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hello again,
yes supply was basically all day every day!
NOt quite sure how to evidence this, have all y payslips, but some are lost, maybe i should call the companies to reference me. Would a letter from them be sufficient?
NOt sure if they'll do it. I'll ask them, But WS99 it still only works out as 34 months?
Yes all my other contracts have been til the 31st august- so we get paid in summer holidays!!! Would'nt have done it otherwise!!
Police checks and medicals- will they be a problem cos i'm on the ships?
Have emailed both george lombard and alan collett, they both want to register with me as full agents, nowhere mentioned about them charging just $50 for phone call. Alan wont do phone call in office as he is really busy and jsut for fee paying clients. But from reading on here everyone has not recommended an agent. is that right??
laura xxx

This is how I did it, just found the link!

http://www.austimmigration.com.au/pa...migration.html

Was with George Lombard! Was and still is $50
Old May 6th 2007, 11:30 am
WS

Laura,

I'm not sure what you want to ask an agent? You have to have 36 months paid work experience. References from schools and/or supply agency would be fine, as would pay slips.

If you don't cover the entire 36 months, your application for a 136 would fail .

You would have to have your medicals done before you go, or if you return to the UK for a holiday. Same with PCC's, so you could submit them with your visa application.

I know its more expense and hassle, but it will get harder after Sept 07 so its definitely worth doing if you possibly can.
Old May 7th 2007, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Laura, you will have to wait until the 31st August to submit your application by the looks of things.

You will then have the 26 months needed, and it won't matter that the last month or so were actually in the holidays if you have a contract that covers you until then. if you submit before this you will not have the work experience you need for the extra 10 points, and so will not get the visa granted. Unfortunatly they don't take into account the fact that you have a contract that runs into the future and you will have completed it way before the visa is granted.

There maybe a way of getting you visa in on exactly the 31st of aug and circumventing the new english requirements, but i doubt it. Maybe an agent can help you with this.