Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What to do when the Guardia have it in for you?

What to do when the Guardia have it in for you?

Old Mar 29th 2009, 9:18 am
Banned

london52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to all
Default Re: What to do when the Guardia have it in for you?

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
And whilst eating a sandwich, whilst winding down a window, whilst looking down to change gear, whilst changing radio station, whilst lighting a cigarette, whilst having a sneezing fit, whilst talking to a passenger, whilst talking hands free ...........

There are so many things that can cause lack of concentration, and we've all done at least one of them
Yes but there is one problem lad.......using a mobile phone while driving is not allowed, and if you do use one you deserve everything you get....good on the police..
Old Mar 29th 2009, 9:19 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by london52
Yes but there is one problem lad.......using a mobile phone while driving is not allowed, and if you do use one you deserve everything you get....good on the police..
I don't think anyone has called Mitz a Lad since about 1948!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 9:35 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh ...... you're missing the point I think.
I'm not condoning breaking the law, I'm illustrating that there are just so many things you can do behind the wheel of a car that can be equally as distracting
Old Mar 29th 2009, 9:37 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livit
C) Guardia Traffico no the rules, armchair lawers don`t.
Ahhhh the irony

No ..... but luckily my Spanish lawyer does
Old Mar 29th 2009, 11:31 am
Banned

london52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to all

Ahh ...... you're missing the point I think.
I'm not condoning breaking the law, I'm illustrating that there are just so many things you can do behind the wheel of a car that can be equally as distracting
I agree, but using a mobile and going around an island steering with one hand is bllody hard and bloody dangerous.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 11:35 am
Senior Moment

I agree, but using a mobile and going around an island steering with one hand is bllody hard and bloody dangerous.
Yes for sure ...... and so are all the other things I listed
I'm not disagreeing about using mobiles
What I'm saying is that when you consider all the other stupid things people do whilst driving, which I guess could be covered under careless driving, then it puts it into perspective. Is hands free for instance safe? Your concentration isnt fully on driving any more (In fact I think hands free is also not legal in Spain)
Old Mar 29th 2009, 11:42 am
Banned

Yes for sure ...... and so are all the other things I listed
I'm not disagreeing about using mobiles
What I'm saying is that when you consider all the other stupid things people do whilst driving, which I guess could be covered under careless driving, then it puts it into perspective. Is hands free for instance safe? Your concentration isnt fully on driving any more (In fact I think hands free is also not legal in Spain)
ohhhhhh no, I need that if I go back.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 12:02 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Was his vehicle on Spanish or UK plates?
He was on UK plates as he was moving back there.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 3:42 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

I'm illustrating that there are just so many things you can do behind the wheel of a car that can be equally as distracting
The distraction testing the govt has carried out show there not as much of a hazard as using a phone.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 3:44 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Ahhhh the irony

No ..... but luckily my Spanish lawyer does
You should send the details to the original poster then.

And the guardia Civil traffico dept`s of every region, plus dgt then.

Then they can sort out the issue for ever.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 3:56 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by livit
You should send the details to the original poster then.

And the guardia Civil traffico dept`s of every region, plus dgt then.

Then they can sort out the issue for ever.
Sure .... but as its clear you know absolutely everything there is to know about it, more than lawyers, abogado's and Fred the Oracle, we'll just leave it there shall we
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Having seen the antics of smokers as they light up, etc., while driving, I think smoking while driving is just as dangerous as using a mobile if not worse - it should be banned. In some countries, it is.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:49 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petew
Having seen the antics of smokers as they light up, etc., while driving, I think smoking while driving is just as dangerous as using a mobile if not worse - it should be banned. In some countries, it is.
I agree with that
Old Mar 30th 2009, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lionda
I agree with that
A friend of ours who lives in Spain was recently stopped by the Traffico for wearing headphones for her IPOD whilst driving. 150 euros at the side of the road ... and back on her way.

Just posted this for information really. Don't condone the activity ... apparently, having anything in your ear, with the exception of a hearing aid is an offence.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 8:12 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by noelrosie
A friend of ours who lives in Spain was recently stopped by the Traffico for wearing headphones for her IPOD whilst driving. 150 euros at the side of the road ... and back on her way.

Just posted this for information really. Don't condone the activity ... apparently, having anything in your ear, with the exception of a hearing aid is an offence.
I understand SatNav is illegal as well, if the driver can see it. You're not supposed to be able to see the screen
Mine talks to me, so I can leave it on the passenger side
Satnav with speed camera notification is a complete no no

With phones hand free, I was told that you are supposed to pull off the road completely to make or take a call. Its not enough just to stop the car on the road. Not much notice taken of that though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.