Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Watch Sky Sports free online

Watch Sky Sports free online

Old Aug 26th 2015, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Watch Sky Sports free online

Originally Posted by Mike8608
What is the gripe with everybody on here. A person tries to give an idea to watch sport for no cost. If you don't like it don't use it but let everybody form their own opinion about whether or not the quality of the picture is good enough for them
I'm surprised about the gripes too. They're all right, of course, quality is so crap it's not worth bothering with. But I thought the number 1 gripe would be that it's illegal and the discussion of illegal activity is against the rules of this site, or so i thought.

But maybe it's not [discussing illegal things here], i'm not sure and I can't be bothered reading the rules.

Anybody know where I can buy class A drugs in Malaga? Any kind will do.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 11:03 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

I think people have drawn their lines and are defending their point of view needlessly; it does nothing for their reputation to "diss" one thing or the other.

I was curious as I have no idea what my TV is capable of regards HD; I know that I can receive Sky Sports 1 HD through my IPTV box. I note that the picture the Guy put up, when you click it, says "Sky Sports F1 SD". I get Sky Sports F1 HD and get a lot better picture than the Guy's.

I demonstrated my spare IPTV box to a friend over from England for a couple of weeks and he was very impressed when we ran it on his 60" TV - he said there were no "tails" on the football in the match. We are both on 8Mb Wimax system and don´t have buffering problems.

As I can´t get satellite TV here in Cádiz then the only route is IPTV; it serves its purpose well and I am happy with it.

Davexf
Old Aug 26th 2015, 12:37 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike8608
Fred James quite simply I have not seen anybody claiming that IPTV source is HD quality. You appear to be trying to make a point that Intelsat 907 is the only system to use.
So what about this post from Saxy, "The best way though for IPTV, is to use a HUMAX PVR, now that is definitely HD"

That is the one I commented on.

I mentioned Intelsat 907 as that does allow me to receive a HD signal so that I am in a position to make a valid comparison with the other IPTV solutions that I use. I certainly would not recommend it as a solution for free sports viewing as you cannot receive any of the sports channels, only the main UK TV channels. Also it is only relevant if you live on the CDS as you cannot get those channels on Astra.

Last edited by Fred James; Aug 26th 2015 at 12:48 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 1:34 pm
Banned

Mike8608 is an unknown quantity at this point

Fred James this topic has turned to very silly, a waste of time that has obviously got out of hand. I know that I get good quality pictures through IPTV and can receive all the Sports channels. You carry on with your Intelsat 907 so long as it keeps you happy.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond repute

Well my team were knocked out of Europe last night and having watched it on iptv it is no wonder they were defeated. It was very difficult to see either the ball or the opposing team never mind the fact that the players froze to the spot for around 30'secs at a time

No wonder they were eliminated as no team could play in those conditions and I personally think UEFA should order a rematch

Disgruntled, Glasgow
Old Aug 26th 2015, 2:10 pm
Banned

Mike8608 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the sentiments. Good job you are not a Rangers fan otherwise you would never see them on TV (IPTV or not)

Last edited by Fred James; Aug 26th 2015 at 2:50 pm. Reason: Attempted quote removed. Please quote correctly.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

Well that certainly brought about some different viewpoints......I watch IPTV through a cheap ' Mobie ' box and watch it in HD with no interruptions? Perhaps its all down to the broadband speed?
Old Aug 26th 2015, 3:38 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Broadband speed is clearly important, but the quality of the stream is more important. If it's a poor stream, it won't look too good even on fibre. If it's an excellent steam on a slow connection, that won't look too good either and buffering will be prominent.

As I said earlier, I am very happy with the BBC iPlayer stream even on 2.5mb/s but the ITV and C4 stream is nowhere near as good.

It comes down to finding a solution that is acceptable to you. I think another factor is ease of use. Some of the Android boxes offer everything for free, but it can be difficult to find exactly what you want. The MAG250 box seems very popular using dedicated servers - but that tends to involve a monthly payment to access the server.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

For TV i find an android box with kodi and FTV and FTV Guide fine no different really to using any other TV program guide. I have generally between 6 and 8 MBPS internet. I don't watch HD either TV or films as they buffer and to be honest I don't see that much difference in picture quality. On the odd occasions I get buffering by this method i simply Use the Phoneix add on and Phoniex TV which has main UK channels provided from FTV but they don't buffer or rarely. Reason I don't use phoneix all the time is it does not have the planner. I can't fault the android boxes I have they cost around £40 each and other than paying for internet no additional cost.