British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Watch Sky Sports free online (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/watch-sky-sports-free-online-863855/)

The Beast Aug 22nd 2015 5:14 pm

Watch Sky Sports free online

Search ' Mobdro' and download app.....Only works on Android.....All sports channels plus much more inc Sky channels.

Fred James Aug 22nd 2015 7:05 pm

Re: Watch Sky Sports free online

From my experience a few months ago, very hit and miss and very poor quality picture.

Dxf Aug 22nd 2015 8:27 pm

Hola

I bought my IPTV box from Droidsticks and although they have changed names etc, I still get Sky Sports through Sports Donkey; it is free as I was given a password when I bought

Davexf

lyric030250 Aug 22nd 2015 10:00 pm

very hit and miss and very poor quality picture.
From my experience not that good.

cymruambyth Aug 23rd 2015 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 11730346)
From my experience a few months ago, very hit and miss and very poor quality picture.

But better than nothing?

I watched the France v England rugby last night on Mobdro, no problems whatsoever and will watch the Ireland v Wales game on it next Saturday.

Granted, it is not perfect, but if you want to watch your rugby and have no other way, then it is fine.

p.s. Although it is an android app, you can put it on your pc/laptop by downloading and installing the Blue stacks app player

BlueStacks - 90 Million Android Users and Counting

Fred James Aug 23rd 2015 9:01 am

Originally Posted by cymruambyth (Post 11730606)
But better than nothing?

I guess you could always pay for it!

cymruambyth Aug 23rd 2015 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 11730620)
I guess you could always pay for it!

You guessed right, I could, but if that was the case I'd prefer to have nothing (hence me saying its better than nothing!):confused:

The Guy Aug 23rd 2015 1:22 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Seeing some of the image quality on the free streams this weekend, I would prefer nothing...
atrocious does not even come close, even if it was free...

lyric030250 Aug 23rd 2015 3:57 pm

It amazes me the garbage quality some will put up with, low definition, buffering, the lot, just for football :p

madforfishing Aug 24th 2015 6:45 pm

I have to agree with The Guy and lyric050203. I would rather pay and see my sport in a nice HD quality. What scares me is that BT Sport is buying more and more rights to sporting events, like the Ashes for 2016/2017. And to pay an extra 20 quid a month... I think still a bargain for high quality viewing.

andrewsmith1159 Aug 25th 2015 8:20 am

I've never had a problem with mobdro and find it good quality, i also use another app called Kodi, which can be installed on all platforms, which gives me channels plus extra

The Guy Aug 25th 2015 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by andrewsmith1159 (Post 11732239)
I've never had a problem with mobdro and find it good quality, i also use another app called Kodi, which can be installed on all platforms, which gives me channels plus extra

What do you think I grabbed the above image from....
And tried another repo, which had 6 Sky Sports F1 links showing , only one worked, and was the same low quality...presumably the same feed.

Fred James Aug 25th 2015 3:52 pm

It seems to me that some people who claim that IPTV offers good picture quality have never watched a Full HD signal on a decent TV - it's chalk and cheese.

Now, "acceptable" picture quality is different - some people will be happy to watch a very bad picture.

The best IPTV pictures I have seen are from BBC iPlayer and we only have 2.5mb/s so cannot access their HQ stream. It is definitely better than the SD satellite picture (which we also have as a comparison).

Dondurma Aug 25th 2015 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by The Guy (Post 11732569)
What do you think I grabbed the above image from....
And tried another repo, which had 6 Sky Sports F1 links showing , only one worked, and was the same low quality...presumably the same feed.

What really pee me off are the likes of Sportsdevil repo etc. Waste of bloody time. You can literally go through dozens of links to find even one that works

andrewsmith1159 Aug 25th 2015 5:08 pm

It makes me laugh that you complain about the quality of IPTV it will never be up to standard unless you have decent infrastructure in place and at the moment the infrastructure isn't good! If you don't like the quality don't use it the op was making a suggestion for people