Sky Spain

Old Jul 23rd 2017, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Milliem01268 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sky Spain

Hi, when I'm in Spain I bring out my sky box, I get some movie channels and kids channels plus a few documentaries.
That is fine for us.
I have a spare sky HD box, Please could you tell me if I get sky multi room in the uk, could I bring one box out to Spain and keep it there?
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 9:31 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky Spain

You could ....

My advice would be to get a spare box - either from UK or from here in Spain. Sky boxes are about 30€ (or less) here in Spain so really cheap. No need to sign up for multi-room unless you really need it in UK.

To use an HD box here in Spain, you would need a card paired to that box. We don't bother - we just use freesat and pay nothing.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 9:59 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Sky usually insists that both boxes are connected to the same line to avoid you using them in different locations.

This certainly used to be the case, but I suggest you disconnect the second box for a week or so and see if it still gets the subscription channels before you bring it over.

I tend to agree with Snipoh, there are loads of S/H boxes for sale, especially since they stopped working in southern Spain.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 6:22 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Sky multiroom will work fine in Spain.
The phone line connection is no longer a requirement as now they try to connect it to your internet network (if available), and b) they now push those wanting multiroom their SkyQ box system. Disconnecting the second box for a week as suggested above may not do much, as the call backs used to be once a month, and it was only noted after a box missed two or three callbacks.