Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Ryanair Thread

The Ryanair Thread

Old Feb 27th 2009, 4:14 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice
Default Re: Is the forum going to change it`s name ?

Originally Posted by jdr
There are now four threads running all talking about that dreadful airline.
I could suggest some new names for the site, based on recent experiences and content I`ve read.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 4:32 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livit
I could suggest some new names for the site, based on recent experiences and content I`ve read.
Maybe so, but everyone has the right to an opininion on here ...... so lets leave it at that shall we
Old Feb 27th 2009, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair £1 to use toilet in the Daily Mail today

I desperately needed the toilet one time, but as I got up the sign came on cos of turbulence, the steward refused point blank to let me in the toilet so quite calmly I pulled down my zip and began fumbling. He looked at me with incredulity and opened the door,

I always find the bluff works evertime
Old Feb 27th 2009, 5:17 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

there are other Spain Forums out there.................
Old Feb 27th 2009, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
I desperately needed the toilet one time, but as I got up the sign came on cos of turbulence, the steward refused point blank to let me in the toilet so quite calmly I pulled down my zip and began fumbling. He looked at me with incredulity and opened the door,

I always find the bluff works evertime

Exactly .. one wonders how much they will start to charge if your seat is 'wet' when you vacate it ... They are viewing their 'cargo' as 'animals' but even animals have a right to water every 'n' hours and they urinate and defecate freely....
I wonder how they will get around the proviso that any outlet that serves food to 'eat in' has to provide a facility to 'wash your hands' so perhaps they might get caught out under that one .... although Michael O'Leary seems to have a plaster for every sore ....
Old Feb 27th 2009, 8:01 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

All I can say is i`ve read many threads on this site.

JDR wasn`t the reason for the comment, I was thinking more along the lines of insulting Ryanairs appalling treatment of passengers, particularly some of Brit expats members.

Thank you Rugbymatt for the advice.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ryanair article in todays Daily Mirror

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Check in on line if possible and you avoid this.
Not necessarily .. they are now tagging hand baggage which has been weighed at check-in and weighing untagged hand luggage prior to boarding the plane at the gate ... at which point they sting you with excess charges!
Old Feb 27th 2009, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Ryanair

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
God thats three threads now we have ongoing talking about Ryanair charging to go to the loo
Well .. do you get a voucher for the toilet if you buy a cup of exorbitantly priced tea/coffee on their airline? ...or do you suppose they expect you to use the very nice, expensive cup to 'collect' what will obviously be produced at the 'other end' ...
Old Feb 27th 2009, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

All I can say is i`ve read many threads on this site.

JDR wasn`t the reason for the comment, I was thinking more along the lines of insulting Ryanairs appalling treatment of passengers, particularly some of Brit expats members.

Thank you Rugbymatt for the advice.
Personally, am happy to knock Ryanair ...
We are obliged to use them from Seville as the only other service is Clicair to Gatwick .. which doesn't fit in with darling daughter's lecture times at University (lunchtime flight only, whereas Ryanair leaves in the evening at about 9.00pm Spanish time - much more convenient for a weekend at home and means she can take in Friday afternoon classes - she has none on a Monday so 18.00 flight back from Stansted suits very well too).
But we have a holiday home situated midway between Alicante and Valencia and I must say ... we use ANY other airline than Ryanair for our trips out there! My husband is an IT contractor and has worked 'abroad' on a weekly basis for the last 15 years .... and he avoids flying with them whenever possible too!
Old Feb 27th 2009, 8:24 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Feb 27th 2009, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
Well that's £1 they won't be getting off me
Well now you are taking the pee....
Old Feb 27th 2009, 8:53 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
Is that ALL you can say?

Jeez!
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:02 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ryanair article in todays Daily Mirror

Originally Posted by noelrosie
Not necessarily .. they are now tagging hand baggage which has been weighed at check-in and weighing untagged hand luggage prior to boarding the plane at the gate ... at which point they sting you with excess charges!

Not if you are under 10kilos, like it says on their website.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:06 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Well now you are taking the pee....
I feel flushed with the thought of it.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

Originally Posted by travelalot
You have to laugh. A charge of £1 to use the onboard toilets. I bet they will make sure you can not let another passenger into the toilet after you too. To be honest if it guaranteed a lovely clean and fresh toilet it might be worth it (hehe) Travelling with a child I better start saving more £1's!

We do use this airline and I do not usually complain as you get what you pay for and I agree with the extra charge for more than 1 cabin bag. I prefer Monarch but it costs much more. Charging for the toilet is taking it a bit too far.

Take an empty bottle with you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.