British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   The Ryanair Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/ryanair-thread-593172/)

tawaghorne Feb 8th 2009 10:52 am

The Ryanair Thread

More charges again, if you buy in the duty free shop air side and its put in a bag, you will be charged £28 for the extra cabin bag. This was on Radio Five Live last Thursday night

Helpful-Bob Feb 8th 2009 11:09 am

Re: Ryanair

If thats correct its a little cheeky! :(:(

CBANDY Feb 8th 2009 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by tawaghorne (Post 7262682)
More charges again, if you buy in the duty free shop air side and its put in a bag, you will be charged £28 for the extra cabin bag. This was on Radio Five Live last Thursday night

:thumbdown: I never use them now.

jdr Feb 8th 2009 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by CBANDY (Post 7262893)
:thumbdown: I never use them now.

Too right, we give them a wide berth also. ;-))

Hettyb Feb 8th 2009 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 7262906)
Too right, we give them a wide berth also. ;-))

I would drive a hundred miles to another airport rather than give my custom to a company that treats people so badly.

El Capitan Feb 8th 2009 2:00 pm

At last, a full house of people who realise how badly Ryanair treat the punters. Just about at the bottom of my list too. God knows how he gets away with charging passengers for everything but not paying his airport charges.

sandy beach Feb 8th 2009 3:11 pm

funny i have traveleld with ryan air to lots of places and, so long as you treat them as a bus service they offer fab value for money. Having just got back from austria with them they didnt care how many carry on bags you had. One tip get an online checkine flight and its ever so easy no queuing and half hour going thru to departure and no problems!
:D:D

COWBOY_BUILDER Feb 8th 2009 4:56 pm

We use them all the time ,but we only travel with hand bagage and check in online ,we have just had a trip to UK 2 people total 40€ return great value for money...i wouldn't use anyone else ,unless they were cheaper :thumbsup:

Hondon Voyager Feb 8th 2009 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by tawaghorne (Post 7262682)

I notice Monarch are starting to check-weigh hand luggage now aswell

crispy Feb 8th 2009 5:42 pm

I have no gripes about Ryanair, their website quite clearly states one piece of hand luggage, now if people don't, can't or won't understand what that means then they should not be travelling on their own but with a grown-up who can understand the rules.

I have seen people go through security with one bag, go into duty free buy goodness knows what and then take a 2nd bag from the original one and fill it up. It's bad enough trying to find overhead room for one piece of luggage let alone two, if everyone had 2 pieces of hand luggage then there would be a free for all trying to get it into the overhead boxes.

One piece of hand luggage means just that!

crispy Feb 8th 2009 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Hondon Voyager (Post 7263714)
I notice Monarch are starting to check-weigh hand luggage now aswell

Whenever I have travelled with Easyjet they have always been very strict regarding the size of the back.

jjh Feb 8th 2009 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by crispy (Post 7263766)
I have no gripes about Ryanair, their website quite clearly states one piece of hand luggage, now if people don't, can't or won't understand what that means then they should not be travelling on their own but with a grown-up who can understand the rules.

I have seen people go through security with one bag, go into duty free buy goodness knows what and then take a 2nd bag from the original one and fill it up. It's bad enough trying to find overhead room for one piece of luggage let alone two, everyone one had 2 pieces of hand luggage then there would be a free for all trying to get it into the overhead boxes.

One piece of hand luggage means just that!

Go girl, go :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

susique Feb 8th 2009 6:29 pm

Hear hear Crispy!

Sick of people delaying flights through their selfisness, and making people who stick to the rules suffer when their bags have to go in the hold as there is no room left in the cabin.

Its not just duty frees they collect, they seem to bring several/oversized bags through security in the first place.

Maybe the new charges/penalties - clearly outlined in 'News' on Ryanair's site will focus their minds a little.

Hondon Voyager Feb 8th 2009 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by susique (Post 7263888)
Hear hear Crispy!

Sick of people delaying flights through their selfisness, and making people who stick to the rules suffer when their bags have to go in the hold as there is no room left in the cabin.

Its not just duty frees they collect, they seem to bring several/oversized bags through security in the first place.

Maybe the new charges/penalties - clearly outlined in 'News' on Ryanair's site will focus their minds a little.

I think unfortunatley you are being a bit optimistic if you think people will take a blind bit of notice .In all security areas in all airports there are hundreds of signs to remove coats and belts etc in the queue and no sharps and liquids in bags but do they take any heed,I am afraid not .

susique Feb 8th 2009 8:54 pm

Hondon, if you read the item mentioned, I think you will find they have no choice!