Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Old Aug 5th 2013, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Originally Posted by andyrich666
A lot of those that complain, are idiots
Does this mean that you know a lot of idiots? Your statement seems to be just a little harsh.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 7:09 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonboy
Does this mean that you know a lot of idiots? Your statement seems to be just a little harsh.

Well I guess you have to wonder what you would call someone that knowingly turns up at the gate with a case that is far to big to go in the check cage, and then complains bitterly that they are being unfairly treated. Or someone that turns up with their case, handbag and duty free's, knowing full well that it all has to go into one bag. That's the ONLY area in all the time I have been travelling to Spain that I have seen people complaining about RA. My opinion is that if they are stupid enough to do it, then it's their own fault and they have no reason to complain
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Nigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura about

The thing is that Ryanair is regularly changing the allowable carry on dimensions and your case doesn't have to be far too big, only fractionally too big due to perhaps over stuffing luggage.

By the way I've never travelled with Ryanair so I personally have not had this problem. However I regularly used to pay for speedy boarding with Easyjet only to find that loads of people boarded ahead of me while I was forced repeatedly to demonstrate that my carry on fitted the frame.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 6:03 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

It is Easy Jet that has changed its " allowable case size " NOT Ryan Air.
I am not aware of any change by RA in the past two years.
How many saw the report of a group of 30 drunken yobs on a flight from Scotland to Ibiza.
WHo can blame the crews for getting a bit fed up at times with passenger behaviour.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

The thing is that Ryanair is regularly changing the allowable carry on dimensions
That's not correct. They have not changed dimensions for many years.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nigeljay
The thing is that Ryanair is regularly changing the allowable carry on dimensions and your case doesn't have to be far too big, only fractionally too big due to perhaps over stuffing luggage.

By the way I've never travelled with Ryanair
so I personally have not had this problem. However I regularly used to pay for speedy boarding with Easyjet only to find that loads of people boarded ahead of me while I was forced repeatedly to demonstrate that my carry on fitted the frame.
I can now see where Andyrich666 may have a very valid point
Old Aug 6th 2013, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Nigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura about

That's me told. I'll throw my doctorate in the bin. However I may be stupid but I'm not not rude.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 10:13 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

That's me told. I'll throw my doctorate in the bin. However I may be stupid but I'm not not rude.
so having a doctorate means you cannot be wrong when posting incorrect information on BE Spain, even when it is on a subject you patently admit knowing nothing about.

next time I am home I must remember to pop into Tesco and get me one, hopefully it will make me better qualified to comment on subjects I know nothing about.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh dear Nigeljay! Keep the doctorate, they are hard to come by. Sorry to bite but the temptation is sometimes great. I will put the gnashers away and mumble from the sidelines
Old Aug 6th 2013, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Sorry Domino I foolishly thought that the forum was for people to comment and contribute. Now you've told me you only want expert comment I shall wait for threads on nuclear risk management only before contributing
Old Aug 6th 2013, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

On, by the way I do fly weekly to all parts of the world but I guess that qualify me as an expert. I clearly have to fly weekly by Ryanair.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 11:29 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

On, by the way I do fly weekly to all parts of the world but I guess that qualify me as an expert. I clearly have to fly weekly by Ryanair.
Well, you only have to travel with Ryanair to be able to know that they haven't regularly changed their case dimensions. Its the passengers that regularly change their case sizes
Old Aug 6th 2013, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Fair point but I did admit that I was not a Ryanair traveller. I'm afraid that the comments by Mr O' Leary mean that when I have the choice (which to date I always have) I would choose an alternative carrier. However I must concede that my business (or its clients) generally pay for my flights.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Domino I foolishly thought that the forum was for people to comment and contribute. Now you've told me you only want expert comment I shall wait for threads on nuclear risk management only before contributing

You know what this forum is for. But you also know what it's generally used for. There are people on here with no knowledge at all who pontificate about this or that and who don't actually want to hear anyone's opinions. Then there are the trolls and the verbal slapstick. But there are a few nuggets of wisdom which is what the other half hang around for. It's a waste of time waving your qualifications, and your wealth though because nobody believes a word anyone says on here anyway
Old Aug 6th 2013, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Qualifications guilty but only in a lighthearted way. Wealth I don't believe I mentioned nor would I. Just because I travel a lot with work certainly does not make me wealthy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.