Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for good private medical insurance Companies please !

Recommendations for good private medical insurance Companies please !

Old Feb 19th 2018, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Woollers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recommendations for good private medical insurance?

Hi, I’m new to the Forum.

We are selling our house in the UK and will be looking to move to Spain as soon as we can. We won’t be earning and paying income tax (well certainly not to start with) and also aren’t yet retired and in receipt of a UK state pension, therefore I suppose early retirees.

I understand then we’ll need private medical insurance. I could contact Companies advertised randomly like the Place in the Sun magazine, or on the Net, but think it’s always better to get recommendations from people who’ve had really good experiences first hand.

I’m 56 and my husband is 62. We are expecting it to be expensive! Post Brexit is also an unknown.
Help please?

Thanks, Debbie

Last edited by Woollers; Feb 19th 2018 at 8:42 pm. Reason: Newbie
Old Feb 19th 2018, 8:13 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendations for good private medical insurance Companies please !

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 19th 2018, 8:15 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendations for good private medical insurance Companies please !

Where are you planning to live? I ask because there are some very good deals from companies with coverage restricted to a province or two.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Hi Fred, thanks for your reply.
That’s the big decision currently being debated, but likely to be either Costa Blanca or Andalucia?
Debbie
Old Feb 19th 2018, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendations for good private medical insurance?

Originally Posted by Woollers
Hi, I’m new to the Forum.

We are selling our house in the UK and will be looking to move to Spain as soon as we can. We won’t be earning and paying income tax (well certainly not to start with) and also aren’t yet retired and in receipt of a UK state pension, therefore I suppose early retirees.

I understand then we’ll need private medical insurance. I could contact Companies advertised randomly like the Place in the Sun magazine, or on the Net, but think it’s always better to get recommendations from people who’ve had really good experiences first hand.

I’m 56 and my husband is 62. We are expecting it to be expensive! Post Brexit is also an unknown.
Help please?

Thanks, Debbie
We had very good experience with Adeslas, person in late '50s about €100,- a month. Unfortunately if you are linking it to residence application you cannot take advantage of the discount they offer if you pay a small fee for each consultation. We actually paid about €75,- a month but had to pay €8,- when having a consultation. ( Copage ). No hassle online system for everything if you speak Spanish.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 9:00 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If you end up in Málaga province, Prevision Medica have a great deal. The big advantage is that premiums do not increase when you reach 65 and full cover continues.

We pay about €400 a quarter for two.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
We had very good experience with Adeslas, person in late '50s about €100,- a month. Unfortunately if you are linking it to residence application you cannot take advantage of the discount they offer if you pay a small fee for each consultation. We actually paid about €75,- a month but had to pay €8,- when having a consultation. ( Copage ). No hassle online system for everything if you speak Spanish.
Thanks, I’ll certainly have a look at them. Our Spanish is really rusty though I’m afraid 😦
Old Feb 19th 2018, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fred James
If you end up in Málaga province, Prevision Medica have a great deal. The big advantage is that premiums do not increase when you reach 65 and full cover continues.

We pay about €400 a quarter for two.
Yes could well be in the Malaga area so will have a look at them, thanks. It’s always a worry about increasing premiums so that’s reassuring!
Old Feb 19th 2018, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woollers
Thanks, I’ll certainly have a look at them. Our Spanish is really rusty though I’m afraid 😦
If you email them from their site explaning you are English etc s lady called Beatriz will reply her English is perfect. She sorted mine out all via e mail. But you can also phone her if you want. The plan required for residency is Salud and you must pay full year. Cost was around 940 euro for the year for one person.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bobd22
If you email them from their site explaning you are English etc s lady called Beatriz will reply her English is perfect. She sorted mine out all via e mail. But you can also phone her if you want. The plan required for residency is Salud and you must pay full year. Cost was around 940 euro for the year for one person.
Thanks that’s great, very useful.