Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Possible relocate to spain under Digit Nomad Visa with disabled children

Possible relocate to spain under Digit Nomad Visa with disabled children

Old Feb 27th 2023, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible relocate to spain under Digit Nomad Visa with disabled children

Originally Posted by philat98
Hunt with his austerity 2 might well have plans to cut benefits to expats. There is no reason to treat folks living in Spain differently from those in Australia.
There is a difference for those resident and protected under the withdrawal agreement so resident in EU by 31 Dec 2020. The UK Government would need to renegotate with the EU surely to change Healthcare and Pension rights for them?
Old Feb 27th 2023, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible relocate to spain under Digit Nomad Visa with disabled children

Originally Posted by bobd22
There is a difference for those resident and protected under the withdrawal agreement so resident in EU by 31 Dec 2020. The UK Government would need to renegotiate with the EU surely to change Healthcare and Pension rights for them?
And as any change would affect EU citizens living in UK just as much, I think it's most unlikely.
Old Feb 27th 2023, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
And as any change would affect EU citizens living in UK just as much, I think it's most unlikely.
Exactly
Old Feb 27th 2023, 8:31 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Do not put “anything” past that shyster Hunt, anything. (IMO)
Old Feb 27th 2023, 9:20 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

This website has info (in Spanish). Never used them before but the info seems pretty complete apart from the income threshold which is here (English).

For a family of four your partner would have to earn 3.25 x the minimum wage which is currently €3,792.75 per month or €45,513 per year. The minimum wage uprated every year. If all allowances are in his name then it's possible he could use them to show income, but only an immigration lawyer could confirm it. Same goes for if you rent your property in the UK. Also the second one is a bit tricky because you'll probably be living in it until you move.

I think for tax your partner would need to declare in UK and Spain and the UK-Spain double taxation treaty would reduce most of the tax paid. But get proper tax advice as you'd need to work out where your partner is tax resident (on the UK side there is job, income, and maybe letting a property, on the Spanish side there is family). So you really need a tax lawyer.

Then there is difficulty of navigating the buroracracy for home schooling. E.g. in Catalonia it can be done but in some regions it's not legal.

To be honest it's looks a bit complicated. If it doesn't have to be Spain, Portugal has a lower income threshold so maybe it's more achievable.

Last edited by DLC; Feb 27th 2023 at 9:23 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2023, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-d...82449942618982 might be relevant, or has there been a resolution? But Rees Mogg will no doubt do his best to put a spanner in everybody's plans if he can.
Old Feb 28th 2023, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Getting back to the original topic: I think it will very difficult and perhaps not a wise thing to try and relocate to Spain given the circumstances . I can appreciate the desire to do it but I really don't advise families moving to Spain. It is a very different culture to uk which in order to benefit your children means integrating almost completely. This is hard not only with the language learning but also the abandoning of expectations. Most British families with kids live in a kind of limbo which is not great for children. My advice is wait until the children are independent before moving.
Old Feb 28th 2023, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnyone
Getting back to the original topic: I think it will very difficult and perhaps not a wise thing to try and relocate to Spain given the circumstances . I can appreciate the desire to do it but I really don't advise families moving to Spain. It is a very different culture to uk which in order to benefit your children means integrating almost completely. This is hard not only with the language learning but also the abandoning of expectations. Most British families with kids live in a kind of limbo which is not great for children. My advice is wait until the children are independent before moving.
My kids love it here. They have picked up a good enough amount of Spanish in a year and are super happy.
Old Feb 28th 2023, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
My kids love it here. They have picked up a good enough amount of Spanish in a year and are super happy.
I think if children are here early on for example under 10 and go to state schools they should be able to learn the language reasonably well. Over this age it is much harder to learn to a sufficiently high enough level to successfully complete their education and that leaves them with very few opportunities compared to their peers in uk. My son attends a bilingual school and is doing Spanish as one of his Alevels .The other students are all British and were either born here or moved before primary. They can speak Spanish but not particularly well and struggle with the Alevel, which is surprising. The other reason I advise familiar not to come is that work is hard to find that will support a family. There are no child allowances here or benefits that assist people in uk and therefore it can be tough on families. Of course there are always the exceptions and I'm happy it works for you.
Old Feb 28th 2023, 4:20 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

There is no generalised child benefit, but there are quite a few benefits linked to children and your region may also have some tax break. However as Social Security currently has a huge backlog, it can be difficult to go through the application process.
Old Feb 28th 2023, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

didn't read it but it might have some pertinent info for the op

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/19/spai...-families.html
Old Feb 28th 2023, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

My neighbours have got into a terrible state with this scheme. Through no fault of their own, they missed the dreaded Brexit deadline and none of the routes now available are any good. They have a professional working on their behalf trying to find a way through but they seem to hit the buffers at every turn.

This scheme is quite specific and suits some people but it's not very secure. You could find yourself having to leave Spain is you circumstances change.

They would like to go back to what they had before but that's no longer possible.
Old Mar 1st 2023, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lou71
My neighbours have got into a terrible state with this scheme. Through no fault of their own, they missed the dreaded Brexit deadline and none of the routes now available are any good. They have a professional working on their behalf trying to find a way through but they seem to hit the buffers at every turn.

This scheme is quite specific and suits some people but it's not very secure. You could find yourself having to leave Spain is you circumstances change.

They would like to go back to what they had before but that's no longer possible.
I presume you mean by scheme: the Digital Nomad Visa?
I didn't think it had formally started but then on a UK Facebook page there are people saying they already have them with pictures of passports - however the Facebook groups are the worst for misinformation and confusing advice ( I find). Somepeople don't seem to realize that there are different types of visas and think the NLV is the same as the digital Nomad visa !!!
Old Mar 1st 2023, 6:30 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnyone
I presume you mean by scheme: the Digital Nomad Visa?
I didn't think it had formally started but then on a UK Facebook page there are people saying they already have them with pictures of passports - however the Facebook groups are the worst for misinformation and confusing advice ( I find). Somepeople don't seem to realize that there are different types of visas and think the NLV is the same as the digital Nomad visa !!!
I agree with you. The DNV is still in the normal governmental processes and is not due to be formalised until the end of March.

Rosemary
Old Mar 1st 2023, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I agree with you. The DNV is still in the normal governmental processes and is not due to be formalised until the end of March.

Rosemary
I think you might find that the DNV is already recently live, certainly some respectable news sources reporting as such.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.